Windows 10: Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving...

Discus and support Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have several folders I had created on my OneDrive duplicate themselves and add the extension of my PC name. Then the files I create are stored in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ilearningu, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving...

I have several folders I had created on my OneDrive duplicate themselves and add the extension of my PC name. Then the files I create are stored in the one with the PC name extension, not the folder I created. In 2 cases it picked folders I had set up over a year ago and created this duplicate folder with the extension and moved some of the files over. It is very strange. I don't know what is causing it. I didn't go to the OneDrive folder to set up these folders, they are all created within my documents folder on my PC, they are just synced with OneDrive - and they are all subfolders within other folders - none of which experience the same outcome.

At the same time, I was on the SharePoint server of one of my clients. I use templates for audits I conduct that are unique to each audit. I sync those folders to my computer so I don't need to download and upload files - typically that works just fine. Then I had one audit where it created a folder with a 1 after it typically signifying a duplicate file/folder on the computer yet the original without the extended name was not visible, and on the client server it shows up as the folder without the 1.

I have auto-sync on so it is always syncing the data I enter. On this one audit, after the fact looking for the records, they are all blank on the server. So I have lost everything. I thought maybe it was due to me putting stuff in the 1 folder and the folder out on the server didn't have the extended name so I tested it and took one of the templates on my computer in the 1 folder and put some data in one of the templates. I then went out to the SharePoint server and the file had been update. Then since I had to recreate everything as best as I could, I had my client I was auditing send me the sign-in sheet again since she maintained that. I saved it to the SharePoint synced folder with the 1. I went out to the SharePoint server and although it said I had made a change to that file about 10 minutes before which is about right, the file showed up blank! I have done audits since that audit not knowing this issue existed until the client went to look at their files and none of my recent audits have the same issue - they are all fine.

It seems since these are both dealing with folders, and are intermittent, they are linked. I was on with tech support and they didn't think so although didn't know the cause of either - they assume it is a OneDrive issue and said I should talk to the SharePoint administrator on the other issue - but the SharePoint administrator has not had anyone have this issue so wouldn't know what to do to fix it.

Any ideas what could be causing this??? first issue - pain in the neck, 2nd issue big risk

:)

ilearningu, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension

Of the browsers I've used/tried only IE is able to use the .mht format for a complete single file. When saving as a Complete page in other browsers there is the .htm/.html file but also a folder of the same name and extension of _files added to it.
    Firefox has this list for the save as:

Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving... [​IMG]

Berton, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving...

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving...

1. Duplicate folders with an added extension being setup intermittently, and files not saving... - Similar Threads - Duplicate folders added

2. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  3. Duplicating folders and files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicating folders and files: When reinstalling a program if there are any program files or folders left behind from the same program what happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicating-folders-and-files/5b9d8df3-9cd7-4a19-8890-3c43adc203bb
  4. Duplicate Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Files and Folders: How can I remove duplicate files and folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files-and-folders/25f61947-9acb-48a9-9604-177d7276afdb
  5. Files being duplicated in temp folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files being duplicated in temp folder: Hello, A few months ago a virus appeared on my Windows 10 device, and was apparently deleted by Kaspersky. Since then, I have had many issues like black screen on boot up, the computer not detecting my mouse, overheating and other various graphic issues. I looked into my...
  6. Duplicate folders being setup intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folders being setup intermittently: I have had several folders I have created on my onedrive duplicate themselves and add the extension of my PC name. Then the files I create are stored in the one with the PC name extension, not the folder I created. In 2 cases it picked folders I had set up over a year ago...
  7. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  8. Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder: Recently i'm seeing a bunch of photos in m Skydrive folder (both on my PC via the OneDrive app/file folder, AND online in OneDrive directly) with a "1" added to the file name. These are still jpg's, but if I click on them they won't open. Says OneDrive can't open this type...
  9. Duplicate files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...
  10. Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Files with very odd file extensions: That's a relief, is the ransomware PROTECTION, on Acronis very good? If I may continue with my original reason for posting, for some reason my computer became near unusable and I installed clones of each drive, then the problem with duplicate files, I could not find a...