Windows 10: Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer

Discus and support Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I show two "d" drives. I used the Microsoft fix thru the Reg Edit Function and removed the key that caused this. It worked great. Now it happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by karlschluth, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer

I show two "d" drives. I used the Microsoft fix thru the Reg Edit Function and removed the key that caused this. It worked great. Now it happened again and I again have 2 "d" drives only that the key in the registry is gone. I have manually entered the key, rebooted and remove it yet the duplicate hard drive still appears. Would it be possible to disconnect the hard drive and the re connect it to see if this cures it or does anyone have a better way to accomplish this. I have even thought about system restore but do not know if this will fix it,.

:)

karlschluth, Dec 12, 2020

2. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, Dec 12, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces New SATA Hard Drive Duplicator Dock

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of the (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock, which enables users to perform 1:3 sector-by-sector duplication from a single SATA hard drive onto three others simultaneously, without having to connect the dock to a host computer. The Duplicator Dock also includes a SATA to IDE adapter, which provides the option of connecting an IDE hard drive in one of the SATA slots.

“IT professionals are always looking for ways to make their jobs more efficient and this new multi-drive duplicator allows them to accomplish just that,” commented StarTech.com Senior Product Manager, Carey Cline. “The ability to perform a sector by sector duplication on up to three drives simultaneously, frees up the user’s time to perform other functions while the back-ups are created in the background. The fact it acts as a standalone unit also means it doesn’t use up resources on their computer system.”

Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer 19a_thm.jpg

The duplicator dock can also be used as an external 4-bay hard drive dock, connected through either USB 3.0 or eSATA, providing an easy way to add and remove bare external hard drives from a computer system.

Other features and benefits of the Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SATDOCK4U3RE) include:
    • Up to 72 MBps data transfer rates between drives, when used for hard drive duplication
    • Up to 5Gbps or 3Gbps data transfer rates (connected through USB 3.0 or eSATA, respectively), when utilized as an external drive docking station
    • Secure Erase feature simplifies erasing/wiping drive contents for further cloning use or disposal of a hard drive
    • Dual 60mm cooling fans mounted beneath the drives help to keep docked hard drives at optimal operating temperatures
    • Supports 2.5” or 3.5” form factor hard drives (HDDs) or Solid State Drives (SSDs)
    • Integrated LCD displays duplication progress and duplicator options menu
    • Included SATA to IDE adapter enables users to dock an IDE hard drive in place of a SATA hard drive in one of the four bays, making it possible to copy the contents of an IDE hard drive onto three SATA drives where necessary, when IDE drive is used in source slo
    The USB 3.0/eSATA to SATA Standalone 1:3 Hard Drive Duplicator Dock (SKU: SATDOCK4U3RE) is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including Misco, ebuyer.com, Insight, Amazon and Dabs.com and is distributed by Ingram Micro, EntaTech and Micro-P. RRP for this product is £453.99 in the UK.

For more information, visit the product page.

btarunr, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer

Duplicate Drives Appear in Explorer in Windows 10

After the latest update, duplicate hard drives appeared in Explorer. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Steve
    Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer 6c30dd81-37f9-4613-8e74-2bce17f0fa00.jpg

Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer 826d4b97-6928-4619-bcdf-3d68650f4516.jpg

HammettEng01, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer

1. Duplicate Hard Drives appear on my computer/explorer - Similar Threads - Duplicate Hard Drives

2. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  3. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  4. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  5. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  6. [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  7. Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  8. Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer: Windows 10 - unable to see Seagate hard drive. SSD drive appears and Windows is loaded on it. Drive appears in BIOS setting. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-does-not-appear-in-explorer/9d6f53c4-d841-454e-a5de-034823cddf0a
  9. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...
  10. External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer

External Hard Drive Does Not Appear on My Computer: I have been using my Seagate Backup Plus 5TB Portable Hard Drive since for about 9 months. Three days ago the drive stopped showing up on My Computer. I tried to Update the Driver. I tried to Uninstall the Drive and Restart my computer. I tried to Uninstall the USB and...