Windows 10: Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com

Discus and support Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every U.S. holiday gets listed twice. How do I stop it from showing duplicate entries for holidays? I've seen it said that this can happen if the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kizzume Fowler, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com

Every U.S. holiday gets listed twice. How do I stop it from showing duplicate entries for holidays?

I've seen it said that this can happen if the mail app has more than one email account synced, but I assume it's talking about more than one Microsoft account.

In the Mail app, I do have two email accounts, but only one of them is a Microsoft account, the other is my email account from my own domain. I certainly don't want to stop Mail from syncing my own domain's email.

The image with the white background is from outlook.live.com, and the image with the dark background is from the Calendar app.

Any ideas on how to stop it from showing duplicate entries?

Thanks.

Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com 23c19eae-4605-40e3-9bb9-731d42229855?upload=true.jpg Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com 2c54b857-83b2-4e4b-9469-594bbae37ae3?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kizzume Fowler, Nov 30, 2020
  2. tracit99 Win User

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side note Outlook.com>Calendar shows just the normal three. I have the duplicate calendars on both my laptops. So far I have tried deleting and reinstalling my MS account in Calendar. I have remove and reinstalled Mail and Calendar app. I restored an image from last week and initially they were only the three normal ones, but I guess it synced and now I have all six once again. I signed out into a local account and back to MS account. I spent an hour in a chat with Microsoft Support which is always a treat. So far there has not been a solution. I think it must be a MS server side issue, but I cannot do any thing about that. Maybe some MS maintenance has gone rogue. Your suggestions are welcomed.

Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com [​IMG]

tracit99, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Entegy Win User
    Holiday Calendar

Here is the list of holiday calendars you can add to your Windows Live account. Choose a country (and language if applicable) and you will be taken
    to that calendar. On the top-left of the calendar is "subscribe to this calendar". Click this and the calendar will be added to your Windows Live account. The next time the phone syncs with Windows Live, the option for Holiday calendars will appear.

Entegy, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com

US Holiday Calendar

The US Holidays Calendar and Birthdays calendars that are in Windows Live are calendars that you subscribe to and so they are separate, secondary calendar. Windows Phone only syncs to the Windows Live primary calendar. So to get these items synced over
    to your phone, you'd need to import this data into your Windows Live primary calendar.

• If you use the Outlook Connector to sync data from Outlook on your desktop computer, you can get this data in your Outlook Calendar and then it will be synced to your Windows Live calendar. To add Holidays to your Outlook calendar, open up Outlook on your
      computer, select Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Calendar Options > Add Holidays.
    • To add birthdays to your Outlook calendar, just add the birthdays for your contacts in the birthday field. Go to Contacts and select a contact for whom you've got a birthday. Select Details and input the Birthday in the Birthday field. [For some reason
      I could never figure out, I kept getting duplicate birthdays for people, so I deleted all the birthdays in this field and just set birthdays up as recurring all day events.]

Prof Julie |
    Microsoft MVP Windows Phone
    |
    pocketprimer.com
    | twitter

Just got a new windows phone? Check out these blog articles:

Using the Outlook Hotmail Connector

Manage your tasks on a Windows Phone with Remember the Milk

Use Windows Live to handle tasks on a Windows Phone

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com

1. Duplicate holidays displaying in the calendar, both on the calendar app and on outlook.live.com - Similar Threads - Duplicate holidays displaying

2. Why Indonesia is not on the Holiday Calendar List for Windows 10 calendar App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Indonesia is not on the Holiday Calendar List for Windows 10 calendar App?: Hello! I am wondering why some countries is not listed in the Holiday calendars for the Calendar App in Windows 10.Specifically, I am wondering about Indonesia. Why is the reason of this? Is there a way for me to contribute, so that I can help to list the country holiday, so...
  3. Calendar App outlook

Calendar App outlook: Why am I unable to copy and paste Google meet , zoom links from calendar app to my web browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-app-outlook/4b0faa5e-95a0-4aa1-a149-d5a2fb654c44
  4. couldn't fetch the holiday calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    couldn't fetch the holiday calendar: In windows 10, I just can add the NBA calendar, but not holiday calendar. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-fetch-the-holiday-calendar/ab02342b-31f4-41a4-9f44-d1296dd333fe
  5. Win 10 calendar with holidays

Win 10 calendar with holidays: My laptop's calendar lists US holidays, but my desktop does not and I'm completely baffled as to why. They're both running the public version of Windows 10 Home with all current updates. FWIW I have two other desktops with Insider builds 19624 and their calendars don't show...
  6. Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook vs Calendar App (working with Google Calendar): Hi, I'm really confused. I use a corporate Google account for my email and calendar (and contacts). I'm having trouble syncing this calendar (so that I can not only see appointments, but also add and amend them) in Outlook. Email is syncing perfectly fine. If I use the...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar - Invite saving to Holidays calendar instead of my calendar!

Windows 10 Calendar - Invite saving to Holidays calendar instead of my calendar!: Hi, I have started to use Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps instead of Outlook 2016 & have come up with an unusual issue when I receive a meeting invite via email from someone else. When I accept the invite, it saves the event to the Ireland Holidays calendar instead of my...
  8. Calendar holidays for different countries

Calendar holidays for different countries: I changed my location to US so I can use Cortana but now when I open calendar app I see only US Holidays and not for my country where I live. Is there any hidden option or way to customize calendar to show holidays for any country ? 14357
  9. Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App: Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all the information from my...
  10. Calendar app showing duplicate calendars

Calendar app showing duplicate calendars: Starting this morning I noticed that the Calendar app was showing duplicate calendars. Normally I have three calendars which are Calendar, Birthdays, and US holidays, but now I have two of each. Anyone else seen this? How to delete/remove the duplicate calendars? As a side...