Windows 10: Duplicate login accounts when starting up

Discus and support Duplicate login accounts when starting up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a question. I finally updated from Windows 7 XP Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seems to have merged/crossed over correctly with one small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JEFFREYSIMPSON2, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Duplicate login accounts when starting up

I have a question. I finally updated from Windows 7 XP Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Everything seems to have merged/crossed over correctly with one small issue. When I start up I have two user accounts at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. They are both the same name as what I had before the update and they both require the same password. I have tried and am able to log on using both accounts. I am the administrator.

I want to delete one account as it is some sort of extra. does anyone know of how to do this? I have read several articles on this and nothing has worked.

Thank you in advance.

:)

JEFFREYSIMPSON2, Dec 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 Login Duplicate Account

Since you're able to log in as an administrator on your computer, we recommend following the steps provided by
    Dena B from this

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Login Duplicate Account

Hi Andrew,

We understand your concern about removing the duplicate user account in your computer.
    There are several factors that we have to consider in troubleshooting this issue. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if the user that you are logged in to is the admin account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Dec 26, 2018
  4. EncinoMan Win User

Duplicate login accounts when starting up

Duplicate user name at login

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems as Ray60. I have tried the netplwiz 'solution' several times but that has not altered a thing.

When Windows first boots it tells me that my password is incorrect. I then select a duplicate account name that is displayed and enter my pin and I am let in. But when I search for a duplicate account within the Control Panel it does not exist. I have the only account and it is, of course, with administrator's access. What gives?

EncinoMan, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate login accounts when starting up

1. Duplicate login accounts when starting up - Similar Threads - Duplicate login accounts

2. Duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate accounts: Recently had to reinstall Windows due to hard drive failure. Now when booting up I see 2 accounts on the lower left screen. Same name, same password. I can choose either account with no differences in programs or functions. I'd like to eliminate one account & be able to...
  3. Duplicate Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Accounts: Hi,I have duplicate Microsoft account one which I created with my cell number when I signed into Windows on a new computer I got this week and another previous account I had associated with my email. Can I merge the accounts?...
  4. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  5. duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate accounts: Microsoft created a requirement that I log in with a password with windows 10 which I did not want. I created a password and used the instructions to tell it to never ask for a password, but it constantly ask for one, both on start up and after it puts itself to sleep. This...
  6. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...
  7. Duplicate Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duplicate Accounts: I have two Microsoft accounts. They have different names. One has an old e-mail address. It was the first account set up, but it needs to be the one that is deleted. It is always the one that comes up for anything I do with Microsoft accounts. I cannot remember the...
  8. corrupted desktop/start & duplicated account names

in Windows 10 Support
    corrupted desktop/start & duplicated account names: Windows 10 home 1803 on Dell AIO Inspiron 1 Itel I5 4gb ram Ostensibly at first inspection it appeared that the Desktop settings were incomplete, the start function was also incomplete eg not showing the program list. Checkinga second user desktop it was as it should be,...
  9. Login to account from start up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login to account from start up.: I am struggling to sign into my laptop when the login screen appears. Asks for a password, which I type in. It is correct, but it say it is incorrect. I have reset the password 3 times, and it still says that it is the incorrect password. This is a 2 week old laptop....
  10. start up login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate login account windows 10

2. Duplicate Login Account - Windows 10

3. windows duplicate acounts

4. duplicate windows 10 accounts at logon screen