Windows 10: Duplicate login on Lock screen.

Discus and support Duplicate login on Lock screen. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This has taken me months but I have finally got it ! After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Janetvd klauw, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

This has taken me months but I have finally got it !

After a w10 update I suddenly had 2 log in accounts,when trying to open my laptop with login disabled. both in my name changing name doesn't work, it just duplicates it! one with pic my real account the other had no pic system admin account !

1 :- disable the auto login w+r for run box, type netplwiz and hit enter Tick the box. tick apply, tick ok.
    Duplicate login on Lock screen. 9de4c448-72d3-4b94-a158-4109169a8fc2?upload=true.jpg

2 : - Restart PC. Log in using password.

3 :- Open settings, accounts, under ''your info'' change Local account to sign in with Microsoft account. Sign in using email and password for Microsoft, hit enter. On the next screen it asks for your WINDOWS log in "one last time" this has to be your PC log in PASSWORD not PIN. If you sign in with a pin you need to change it to password.

4 :- Restart PC.

5 :- Sign in using Microsoft account PASSWORD not PIN.

6 :- Open run, netplwiz and uncheck "Users must enter a Username and password to use this computer"

7 :- Restart PC, the duplicate is gone and you can log in automatically again !!!

:)

Janetvd klauw, Jul 27, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Duplicate login on Lock screen. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 27, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Duplicate login on Lock screen.

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Duplicate login on Lock screen. [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate login on Lock screen.

1. Duplicate login on Lock screen. - Similar Threads - Duplicate login Lock

2. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Lock Screen login: Windows 10: So I don't know what happened to my laptop I came home and opened it now when I try to type my lock screen password it won't let me write anything my laptop keyboard is automatically pressing "=" key it's not stopping how can I disable my laptop's keyboard please...
  3. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Lock Screen login: Windows 10: So I don't know what happened to my laptop I came home and opened it now when I try to type my lock screen password it won't let me write anything my laptop keyboard is automatically pressing "=" key it's not stopping how can I disable my laptop's keyboard please...
  4. Laptop Lock Screen login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Locked login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  6. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  7. duplicate of my username on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  8. lock/login screen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock/login screen issue: hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer. it always showed upon start/restart. all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a...
  9. login screen locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    login screen locks up: I tried to install Windows 10 fresh from a usb but it said my Windows 7 key didn't work and I never got a Windows 10 key so I'm not sure what to do, the upgrade install won't login. I enter password, then proceed but it locks up. if I click anywhere after a minute the screen...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...