Windows 10: Duplicate monitor display

Discus and support Duplicate monitor display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bowe-Hester, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Duplicate monitor display

1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show?

2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor going backwards on to the other screen.

It is best to contact via this email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you

Pamela Bowe-Hester

:)

Bowe-Hester, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

duplicating monitor

Hi,

Your concern about projecting your display to another monitor can be due to the configuration of your device and/or the setup that you're using.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What’s the current resolution of your display settings in your device? To check, right-click on the blank area of the desktop, choose
      Display settings and click Advanced display settings.
    • If any, what error messages did you receive when selecting duplicate? If possible, can you send us a screenshot of it?

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the built-in diagnostic tool in Windows 10 or the Windows 10 Troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Troubleshooting and press
      Enter.
    • Click on Hardware and
      Sound.
    • Find Hardware and Devices and click on it.

The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and fix issues related to your device.
    If the troubleshooter finds any issues, it'll be listed in the result with additional instructions you may need to follow. However, in most cases, the troubleshooter will find and apply fixes automatically.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 doesn't show native display for second monitor

Hi,

In order to for your Windows 10 to show the native display for the second monitor, you may revert all screen settings back to default, and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, you may try these steps:

• Press Windows key + P.
    • If your monitor settings is on Duplicate, try choosing
      Extend
    • If your monitor settings is on Extend try choosing the
      Duplicate
    • Check the resolution if both monitors are showing the same resolution value.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Duplicate monitor display

Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

Yes, I can extend separate screens to both external monitors, and still keep the desktop on my laptop screen.

However, I cannot duplicate the display on the two external monitors.

KenSleeman, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate monitor display

1. Duplicate monitor display - Similar Threads - Duplicate monitor display

2. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  3. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab: Hi. I just added a third monitor to my Windows 10 system. The three are working fine and I can pass files etc across screen. I can duplicate two screens but cannot triplicate the same on all three. I don't bet "Duplicate these displays" under Display on options to duplicate...
  4. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab: Hi. I just added a third monitor to my Windows 10 system. The three are working fine and I can pass files etc across screen. I can duplicate two screens but cannot triplicate the same on all three. I don't bet "Duplicate these displays" under Display on options to duplicate...
  5. Multiple Monitors: Duplicate these displays" not showing under Display tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...: New monitor is a Samsung UJ59, connected to a Lenovo using the HDMI port. Laptop has two graphics cards: built-in Intel 530, and an Nvidia Quadro m1000m. Extended Display was working fine for a while until I tried to change the resolution-- that's when the colors went bad. I...
  7. Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a Duplicated Display recognized as Dual Monitors?: (Windows 10) Sorry what may be a stupid question, I've looked high and low on search engines but I can't find something related specifically to this. Basically, I am going to be using a chrome browser extension that restricts use of dual monitors for security purposes....
  8. Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Issues, Windows displays on Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 but will not extend or duplicate...: When first turning on the computer, the motherboard screen and windows loading screen appears on both monitors, then when signing into Windows it reverts to only showing on monitor 1. After signing in I simply extend the screen using Windows + P and through display settings....
  9. Duplicate display out of range with new monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate display out of range with new monitor: Win10 HP desktop with onboard Intel GPU - 2 display ports and 1 vga. Been using two 23" 1080p monitors in duplicate display mode for months (main monitor display port, second monitor vga). Just replaced the vga monitor with a Samsung 32" using the same vga cable. Works great...
  10. duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duplicate display on second monitor in windows 10: I recently purchased a second monitor (AOC e1659 fwu) to work with my HP Elitebook on Windows 10. No problem getting the second monitor to work in extended mode. But I'd like for it to work in duplicate mode. When I press the Windows Key + P, I can select the option for...