Windows 10: duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected

Discus and support duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my HP laptop running windows 10 has recently started to slow down & when I go into task manager I find " Duplicate monitor" using excessive CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottDN, Dec 19, 2019.

1. ScottDN Win User

duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected

Hi my HP laptop running windows 10 has recently started to slow down & when I go into task manager I find " Duplicate monitor" using excessive CPU power. I find this odd as I am not using a second screen & have never turned this on. If I end task & kill the process everything returns to normal.

How do I stop this starting up?

:)

ScottDN, Dec 19, 2019

2. about conecting two monitors

Hi Raul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact error message are you getting?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to refer the article and make sure Dual Monitor settings are correct.

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 19, 2019
  3. ErinMK Win User
    Duplicate monitors

I have a surface pro 3 that just updated itself. After it updated my screen will no longer duplicate to my external screen. I can't even find the setting to do that any longer. I've tried to restore to an earlier time but I am unable to, I get an error
    saying it can not restore. Any suggestions on how to get the monitors to duplicate? I am operating on Windows 8.1.

ErinMK, Dec 19, 2019
  4. duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected

My Laptop and two extra monitors

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

• What is the make and model of your PC and the extra monitors?

You may add multiple monitors on your Windows 10 computer. It depends on the number of DVI, VGA, or HDMI slots on your laptop. I suggest you to refer the Wiki Article by
    Andre Da Costa on How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC and check if it helps.

How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected

1. duplicate monitor using excessive CPU when no extra monitor conected - Similar Threads - duplicate monitor using

2. Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection: Morning.I work in local educational establishment. We’ve had several reports of staff members having problems by where their iViewBaords are either being disconnected or the display options changed from Duplicate to Extended/Disconnected. This has also occurred on Promethean...
  3. Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Monitors - Disconnection: Morning.I work in local educational establishment. We’ve had several reports of staff members having problems by where their iViewBaords are either being disconnected or the display options changed from Duplicate to Extended/Disconnected. This has also occurred on Promethean...
  4. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  5. TV as duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV as duplicate monitor: Hello, I hope you can help! I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop PC. I ran an HDMI cable from the single HDMI port on the back panel of my PC to the HDMI-2 port on the TV, I have set the PC display settings to duplicate the screens and all was working fine, I switch to input 2...
  6. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  7. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  8. Extra Monitor proportions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extra Monitor proportions: I have connected a second monitor to my laptop and the larger screen is displaying a smaller section than that of my laptop. Meaning that when I am in display settings, the 2 screen, the second monitor, is a quarter of the size of my 1 screen, aka my laptop. Can I fix this or...
  9. Duplicate monitor display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate monitor display: 1. Since recently being upgrade to WIN 10 1803 I am unable to show both monitor screens. What are the steps to getting both monitors to show? 2. I was also at a user's screen and tried to get the mouse cursor to go forward to one monitor to the other without the cursor...
  10. Extra monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Extra monitor not detected: Extra (2nds) monitor not detected plugged id a working Acer G185H VGA LCD 18' monitor with DVI adapter to my new system and the display reads Cable not connected Yet my TV that's plugged in via HDMI works fine Tried win+P,Tried my nvidia adapters settings and...