Windows 10: Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking

Discus and support Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi there, I am often asked by Edge to allow the firewall for the "public" mode, however i am on a private network all the time recently, why does that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gabgab, Dec 17, 2020.

1. gabgab Win User

Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking

hi there,

I am often asked by Edge to allow the firewall for the "public" mode, however i am on a private network all the time recently, why does that happen? I don't really want to do it and it's annoying me...

Second i noticed something strange, that is i have 2 instances, identical of msedge.exe existing.

One is in XXXXXXX:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application and the other is in XXXXXXXXXX:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\87.0.664.60 is that right? if you launch each they open exactly the same thing, same bookmarks etc, my shortcut opens the first one not the one in the 87.xxxx folder.

Also, i noticed that in the firewall there was a rule also for the msedge.exe which is in the 87.xxx folder... i deleted that one as doesn't look right as i am using the other one no?!?!

Does this make sense and is it correct all?

thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Dec 17, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Firewall

Hello,

It is recommended to turn on your Firewalls to prevent your computer from unauthorized access and being vulnerable. Based on your issue description, it looks like you wanted to turn off Windows Firewall. To turn off Windows Firewall, kindly follow the steps
    below:

• On Start, scroll down to Windows System > Control Panel > System
      and Security
      > Windows Firewall.
    • Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    • Under the appropriate network setting, select Turn on Windows Firewall.
      • Note: If your PC is connected to a network, network policy settings might prevent you from completing these steps. For more info, contact your .administrator

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Fuj, Dec 17, 2020
  4. donli Win User

DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording).

Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking [​IMG]

Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking [​IMG]

donli, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate msedge.exe and firewall often asking - Similar Threads - Duplicate msedge exe

2. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  3. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  4. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system: Since yesterday I have a quite a big problem with Windows and Microsoft Apps entirely, Store is not opening, The Microsoft Edge website says it’s “temporarily down”, Half of this website is not loaded and a lot of errors come up on my screen saying stuff like:The procedure...
  6. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system: Since yesterday I have a quite a big problem with Windows and Microsoft Apps entirely, Store is not opening, The Microsoft Edge website says it’s “temporarily down”, Half of this website is not loaded and a lot of errors come up on my screen saying stuff like:The procedure...
  7. msedge DLLs and .exe messing with whole system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Asking about firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking about firewall: Today I started to use Avast firewall instead of windows firewall. Can Avast firewall make any privacy harm to my data or PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/asking-about-firewall/c777989d-4089-4d10-a0cb-25fd59932ceb
  9. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  10. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall: So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I missing something???...