Windows 10: Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Discus and support Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does nothing, the other launches it as normal. I tried right click uninstall on the one that does nothing but it doesn’t do anything. Looks a bit lame.

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2017

2. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Hi Wayne,

There are several reasons why it can't be uninstalled permanently. It might be due to some corrupted files or some apps incompatibilities. You can check the answer provided by
    Rohn007 on this thread and see if it helps.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

As per direction of the office support twitter team i am posting about an issue with the ‘my office’ app. Many months ago the app transitioned from being ‘get office’ to ‘my office’ via store app updates. Many users were left with both a get office and a
    my office start menu entry as a result. I reckon around november time another app update came through and this left many users with duplicate ‘my office’ entries in the start menu. One working whilst the other was dead. The duplicate cannot be removed and
    looks awful. On all our machines at home we have this issue and i have seen it reported many times. It seems to affect machines worst that have multiple user accounts on the same pc. For example on one of our machines my own user accounf only has one entry
    but the other user accounts have duplication. It wouldnt be so bad if the extra entry can easily be removed from the start menu but this is a modern app and it’s start menu entry cannot be deleted like traditional program entries. I am dissapointed microsoft
    has allowed this to linger for months and am looking for something to be done

thanks, Wayne

4. simrick Win User

Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Can you go into the hidden folder and delete the non-working one manually?
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  5. Unfortunately that only works for traditional programs or shortcuts. For modern apps or windows native/store driven apps they don’t appear in here. I even checked the users .... roaming start menu folder and no modern apps show up in here either. There seems to be no way to deal with this

cheers, Wayne

6. simrick Win User
    Ugh, you're right - I just noticed that.
    They do show up in Ccleaner. You can delete the non-working one from there.

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Cheers! *Thumbs*Thumbs

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  8. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

I will try the ccleaner as a last resort but I have tweeted Microsoft helps and it seems a widespread thing. So I think the onus is on them to address it. Just seen the same on my brother’s pc. Am a little way of ccleaner and using it. I wonder if a line in the registry can just be removed / edited to get the rid of the duplicate. It’s essentially dead as clicking on it does nothing.

9. Ok, tried ccleaner looking under tools to uninstall the extra one and annoyingly ‘my office’ only listed once here. So no fix there. Unless there is something in else within cleaner than can edit the start menu?

Ms really needs to address this.

10. hesoyam Win User
    Same issue here, it's really annoying

hesoyam, Dec 14, 2017
  11. Yeah, it's really frustrating me. Looks so unprofessional. I have tweeted both @Microsofthelps and also @brandonleblanc on this issue. Maybe to add momentum to this you wouldn't mind doing the same? Brandon is the senior program manager @ MS so maybe can make ourselves heard.

So far I have observed this on numerous machines. Our home computers, on my brother's and all the machines I've now seen at work this monring. So it's very widespread.

12. hesoyam Win User
    I do not use Twitter, but i'll try to find some time today to do this!

hesoyam, Dec 14, 2017
  13. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Glad to know that I'm not the only one with this issue, hopefully Microsoft will release an update that cleans this up.

terminusaquo, Dec 14, 2017
  14. simrick Win User
    Wow, that is strange. I don't have this "My Office" entry at all, so I'm not much help I guess. Yes, Ccleaner>Tools>Uninstall is where you look. Wondering if you went through all the installed programs, to see if something weird is in there and showing in Start as My Office? I don't know. You say it's even not in the appdata/roaming user folders, so I am stumped. You could try running the Registry Cleaner: Just do the scan, checking every box except Help Files; see what it finds - it may find that and flag it, as it points to nothing, and then you can remove it that way.

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  15. LesleyJ Win User
    I had this problem
    On the start menu I have duplicate entries of all my office products. I right clicked the duplicate and went to more, file location and deleted them from there.

LesleyJ, Dec 15, 2017
Thema:

Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

1. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu - Similar Threads - Duplicate ‘my office’

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  6. Duplication of entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication of entries: Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but...
  7. Holographic entry in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  8. Get Office and My Office in Start Menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Get Office and My Office in Start Menu: [img] Installing a clean 1709 I now have "Get Office" and "My Office" APP's listed in the Start Menu. Clicking on "Get Office" does nothing unless I uninstall "My Office", in wich case clicking on "Get Office" will reinstall "My Office". "Get Office" cannot be...
  9. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  10. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two microsoft offices in my windows start menu

2. duplicate office apps in start menu

3. duplicate entries on start menu

4. two office start menu,
  5. duplicate microsoft office apps in start menu