Windows 10: Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Discus and support Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I think that’s a different thing. We are having problem with the modern store app and there is no facility to do that. That trick works with the normal... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

I think that’s a different thing. We are having problem with the modern store app and there is no facility to do that. That trick works with the normal desktop programs

Scottyboy99, Dec 15, 2017
  2. LesleyJ Win User

Opps I see what you mean.

I have finally got rid of my GET OFFICE app from the start menu. I went to the store downloaded it again. Then uninstalled it and its gone.

LesleyJ, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Ok thanks. I tried uninstalling my office. That worked but left us with one entry that was dead still and cannot be uninstalled. So I just reinstalled it again to have a working app. But of course back to duplicate entries

EDIT actually the remaining my office entry was not dead. It still couldn’t be removed but clicking on it results in a fast white bar which then reinstalls ‘my office’ and gives you a working app. But it is a duplicate entry. The old entry stays but now becomes a dead entry in the start menu apps list. So whatever MS has done trying to transition from get office to my office has not cleaned up after itself properly

Scottyboy99, Dec 16, 2017
  4. LesleyJ Win User

Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

The other thing I tried before I managed to get rid of it was setting up a new account. On the new account I could get rid of Get Office. Its a faff to have to copy everything over to the new account but that could be a option is you can be bothered.

LesleyJ, Dec 16, 2017
  5. The Original "Get Office" is gone from Start.

"My Office" (old) does nothing. But a right click on it gives me the option to Uninstall. It comes with a warning.

"My Office (New)" launches the My Office window.

Wiley Coyote, Dec 16, 2017
  6. Yes, exactly what we see on all our machines and user accounts. The right click on ‘my office (old)’ and selecting uninstall does come up with the warning as mentioned, but if clicked on to then actually uninstall it does nothing.

Scottyboy99, Dec 16, 2017
  7. I noticed today the duplicate dead ‘my office’ has vanished. Not sure how and why. There was no new update to the app via the store. I looked at our other pc and it’s gone from there too . It was irritating me to see the duplication so am pleased it’s gone but puzzled as to how it’s happened

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2017
  8. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Naturally I still have both of them. I try not to think about it. After a reboot maybe for you? Not so here. Maybe tomorrow ...

Hope your Christmas is all it should be @Scottyboy99.

Wiley Coyote, Dec 21, 2017
  9. cheers mate. I had rebooted many times prior to this so not sure why its occurred. A Merry Christmas to you too and to all the good people that frequent the forum helping eachother out.

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2017
  10. Guess this isn't solved. I still see the duplicate MY OFFICE entries in the start menu on the other user accounts on the pc!

Scottyboy99, Dec 24, 2017
  11. Can you be sure if this is a bug? Or maybe a feature?

Merry Christmas anyway.

Wiley Coyote, Dec 25, 2017
  12. Not sure, if it’s intended it seems strange indeed as it looks very odd. Guess I’ll try not to think about it like yourself! Doesn’t help my OCD tendencies much

Merry Christmas to you too.

cheers, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 25, 2017
  13. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Is there a way to at least modify the icon to something different to help us remember which one is dead?

hugovictorious, Dec 25, 2017
  14. That would definitely be a good idea. The trouble with these ‘modern’ apps is that there is not much we can do with them. With standard software installs you can manipulate/edit the start menu as to what shows. I’d be much happier to ignore it if it could be renamed/rebadged

Scottyboy99, Dec 25, 2017
  15. Hey, guess what! Boot up this morning and I have only one occurrence of My Office!

Wiley Coyote, Dec 25, 2017
Thema:

Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

1. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu - Similar Threads - Duplicate ‘my office’

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  6. Duplication of entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication of entries: Last week, I was told my One Drive was almost full. I found that most of the entries had duplicated themselves. It took hours to go through and eliminate all of the duplicates. Whenever I add a photo to an album, if it begins a sync cycle, the photo duplicates itself, but...
  7. Holographic entry in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  8. Get Office and My Office in Start Menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Get Office and My Office in Start Menu: [img] Installing a clean 1709 I now have "Get Office" and "My Office" APP's listed in the Start Menu. Clicking on "Get Office" does nothing unless I uninstall "My Office", in wich case clicking on "Get Office" will reinstall "My Office". "Get Office" cannot be...
  9. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  10. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 duplicate entry in start

2. on the start menu seeing duplicate for ms office

3. two entries for ms office in start menue