Windows 10: Duplicate Network Devices

Discus and support Duplicate Network Devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to remove the duplicate network devices under Network\Other Devices?. I see my router being displayed 3 times with exactly the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by macster2075, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Duplicate Network Devices

Hi,
    Is there a way to remove the duplicate network devices under Network\Other Devices?.
    I see my router being displayed 3 times with exactly the same info, even under Properties.. same MAC address, IP.. they are all identical. See pic.

Windows 10 Pro - OS Build 19041.388 - Version 2004

:)

macster2075, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Duplicated program entries with (1)

Hi,

Software conflicts and incompatibility issues are some of the possible reasons why some of the applications on your computer were duplicated. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device? Visit this link for
      the steps on how to check the information of the Windows OS that is running on your device.
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you are trying to uninstall the duplicated apps?

In the meantime, we suggest booting your device into safe mode and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Duplicate Network Devices

Network will not show on the last device.

Hi James,

I suggest you to remove all the networks that are connected to your device and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems. If you recently upgraded to
    Windows 10, it's possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows. Check to see if an updated driver is available.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.

• In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the network adapter, and then select Update Driver Software >
      Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.

• After installing the updated driver, select the Start
      Duplicate Network Devices [​IMG]
      button >
      Power > Restart if asked to restart, and see if that fixes the connection issue.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there. If your PC can't connect to the Internet, you'll need to download a driver on a different PC and save
    it to a USB flash drive, so you can install the driver on your PC. You’ll need to know the PC manufacturer and model name or number.

Rely us with the status to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Network Devices

1. Duplicate Network Devices - Similar Threads - Duplicate Network Devices

2. Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.: I have a duplicate network adapter that show up in device manager preventing internet access. Sometimes I can resolve by a simple restart, but often I have to uninstall the adapter, then restart. Frustrating having to do frequent work-arounds to access internet. Ideas?Edition...
  3. Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate network adapter in device manager preventing internet access.: I have a duplicate network adapter that show up in device manager preventing internet access. Sometimes I can resolve by a simple restart, but often I have to uninstall the adapter, then restart. Frustrating having to do frequent work-arounds to access internet. Ideas?Edition...
  4. Duplicate devices in "Family Safety"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate devices in "Family Safety": Installed a new SSD on my sons PC. First I updated the old SSD with win 10, to win 11, then I did a reset of that win 11 update, in hope to be able to make an image to clone to the new SSD. That failed so I had to do a new fresh install of win 11 to the new SSD Win 11 ISO...
  5. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Jeff here... I run a new PC computer with Windows 10 Pro. Under Device Manager there are many devices that have duplicate entries. The duplicates use different usb designation number ie "usb 1" "usb 2" I have read multiple "QUESTIONS" previously asked here and none of...
  6. Duplicated items in device manager

Duplicated items in device manager: Recently installed Windows 10 on SSD. Ive noticed these two duplicates. Is something wrong or should I just delete the two that are marked ? Thanks. 161476
  7. duplicating audio device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    duplicating audio device: Hello, is it possible to duplicate a certain audio device? I want to duplicate my [FiiO Dac](https://imgur.com/a/l4Asqyd) so i have two devices. Why? For recording purposes i want my normal desktop audio on FiiO device 1, teamspeak on FiiO device 2, both should send their...
  8. Duplicate Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Networks: Hi, I recently updated my Windows 10 to the latest November update and shortly after a few weeks I started having some network issues like disconnections to the internet while the WIFI signal is strong and duplicated networks which some times it connects to one of them I...
  9. Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices

Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices: I have searched the web and searched Microsoft answers which was completely useless about my issue that a number of people seem ot be sharing. I have had well over 100 duplicate media devices, namely my smart TV. I have deleted them tididouly several times and they come back...
  10. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Hello, I believe this is my first time posting. I have looked up this matter, and I have read a few things. A lot of them are from 2015, or earlier. And maybe from sites that I am not sure I can trust. So, I came here to try to get the most accurate and up to date info. I...