Windows 10: Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?

Discus and support Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Update 2020-09 KB4576478, KB45717156 So I'm not sure whether this issue has been caused by the latest update or not, but going into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Storminator54, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?

Update 2020-09 KB4576478, KB45717156

So I'm not sure whether this issue has been caused by the latest update or not, but going into the settings>Accounts>Account Info, I see two buttons for my Microsoft account. I can click both of them but they are completely identical, showing the same email. Before it was just a singluar profile icon. I've already checked the actual user accounts with "netplwiz" and there isn't any duplicate admin accounts, and there's nothing out of the ordinary for my computer so I'm stumped as to what's causing this issue, or if its a serious issue to begin with. Any help?

submitted by /u/Storminator54
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Storminator54, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Zakin Win User

Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update? :(

Zakin, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update?

1. Duplicate of MS Account on 'Account Info' screen after latest update? - Similar Threads - Duplicate Account 'Account

2. Out-of-date info in MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Out-of-date info in MS account.: My MS account gives my PC as my previous laptop, not my current one probably because I carried my e-mail a/c forward rather than getting a new one. There does not seem to be mechanism for swapping "new" for "old", and the only devices you can add are tablets etc not PCs....
  3. Out-of-date info in MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Out-of-date info in MS account.: My MS account gives my PC as my previous laptop, not my current one probably because I carried my e-mail a/c forward rather than getting a new one. There does not seem to be mechanism for swapping "new" for "old", and the only devices you can add are tablets etc not PCs....
  4. Issues updating account info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues updating account info: I've changed service providers and need to update my email address as it no longer exists.When I select edit account info and "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" it says "This email address is already taken. Please try again."Of course it'"taken"...
  5. Issues updating account info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues updating account info: I've changed service providers and need to update my email address as it no longer exists.When I select edit account info and "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" it says "This email address is already taken. Please try again."Of course it'"taken"...
  6. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  7. Duplicate account under "Your Info"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account under "Your Info": Hi. Today I noticed that I have two identical accounts in Settings. Both have the same name and same e-mail address. One just doesn't have a profile picture. Any idea where the second one came from and how to get rid of it? [img] Windows version 20H2. Thanks! 169984
  8. Duplicate account

Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...
  9. account info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    account info: when I open the Microsoft store to download an app it has my user name corect but the email that is associated to my account is incorrect I think there is an unauthorized user on my account. I do not recognize the email address associated...
  10. MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?

MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?: If I make an alias for my MS acoount - can I use that alias to sign in to MS services? How about can I transfer info (such as game details (from MS Store)) to another account (not alias)? 95637