Windows 10: duplicate One Drive files

Discus and support duplicate One Drive files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antidisestablishmentarini, May 21, 2019.

1. duplicate One Drive files

I have two drives in my HP desktop. One is an SSD with the OS. The other is a disk drive with my data. I have One Drive on the data drive with my documents and pictures.

However, for some reason, there is another One Drive folder with the same files on the SSD under users/myname/One Drive.

I don't need duplicates but I'm unsure if deleting the folder on the SSD will wipe out my files. Can I do it?

:)

antidisestablishmentarini, May 21, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, May 21, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces USB Drive Duplicator

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a new USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15), a portable solution for simultaneously copying one USB flash drive to up to five USB flash drives at speeds of up to 1.5GB per minute or securely erasing up to six flash drives. The duplicator is the most compact of its kind on the market, ideal for users who need a portable way to distribute data from a single flash drive onto many, or completely remove content from multiple flash drives simultaneously.

"StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator can boost productivity and save time for IT and Marketing professionals who need to constantly generate multiple software and marketing collateral distributions while they're away from the office" said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "Compared to traditional CDs or DVDs, USB flash drives provide a more cost-effective and convenient way to distribute files and information. The USB Flash Drive Duplicator can drastically reduce the time needed to create multiple copies, which is extremely useful for many industries, including IT professionals who need to deploy operating system files or software, or make quick data backups, or for marketing professionals who distribute content using flash drives."

duplicate One Drive files 25a_thm.jpg

duplicate One Drive files 25b_thm.jpg

duplicate One Drive files 25c_thm.jpg

Features of the USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (USBDUP15), include:
    • Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 Flash Drives
    • 1:5 standalone duplication with 2 duplication modes
    • Erase up to 6 USB flash drives with single-pass and multi-pass overwriting/DoD erasing
    • High-speed duplication at 1.5GB per minute
    • TAA compliant
    • Built-in LCD display
    • Check drive capacity, quality and speed with intuitive task management
    • Supports Asynchronous, Synchronous copy modes, for quick batch swapping with 64 MB of internal memory
    MSRP for StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15) is £580.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The drive dock will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, May 21, 2019
  4. duplicate One Drive files

Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up?

Here is what I am dealing with:

duplicate One Drive files [​IMG]

The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash drive is not necessary and I would like to remove one of them.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I think I found it here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

I'll give it a go and find out.

It appears that the drives listed under "This PC" are not considered duplicate listings and the reg file does not have any effect on those listings.

So imperially or practically, I guess I don't really have a duplicate listing of the drive unless the branch of "This PC" is expanded.

EyeInTheSky, May 21, 2019
Thema:

duplicate One Drive files

1. duplicate One Drive files - Similar Threads - duplicate Drive files

2. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  3. Are Files Duplicated in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Files Duplicated in One Drive: I hope this is a simple question with a simple answer. I have been using One Drive as a file backup, primarily my photos right now. In the One Drive Documents folder there is a Camera Roll folder and several folders where all the photos are organized by Event. For example,...
  4. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  5. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive: how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-duplicate-files-and-photos-from-one/cd171e2c-1e12-48f2-821d-dc472d2d6572
  6. how to remove duplicate files and photos from one drive

7. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  8. Duplicate one drive files in recent list

Duplicate one drive files in recent list: Since the last windows update I am seeing duplicate files in the recent list. It seems specific to one drive files. I am seeing one entry for the local copy and one entry for the one drive copy. I am editing the local copy and using one drive as a back up. I have tried...
  9. Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate

Move files from one drive to another not just duplicate: Hello!I have it set up so my downloads folder and desktop folder are in different drives so when I download something and move it by dragging it to my desktop then it creates a replica of it to my desktop leaving the original one to the downloads folder. Yes, I am aware of...
  10. Duplication of one drive files onto my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication of one drive files onto my PC: I have two drives on my PC, the D: drive where I keep all photos and documents and is 2TB and a much smaller SSD drive for applications. Unfortunately the files that are synced to One Drive from the D drive are then being duplicated onto the C: drive and have used up all the...