Windows 10: Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer

Discus and support Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello you may try this option as for me it work it remove only one and not showing duplicate anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shaunli yin tai, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer

Hello you may try this option as for me it work it remove only one and not showing duplicate anymore

https://www.askvg.com/fix-drives-appearing-twice-in-navigation-pane-of-windows-10-explorer-this-pc/

regards Shaun

:)

shaunli yin tai, Nov 18, 2018

2. Pendrive not displayed on the PC in Windows 10.

Hi Manish,

The above issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Associated device files & folders are deleted on clearing the boot partition.
    • Corrupted device driver installed on the PC.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting other pendrive to the PC?
    • When you say “It is not displayed in my computer”, are you referring to File explorer?

If the pendrive is not showing in File explorer, remove and re-plug the device to check if the issue is resolved. Removing and re-plugging the device will resolve the temporary hardware faced prior to the attempt. If the issue persists, connect another
    pendrive and check if the device is displayed under Devices & drives in File explorer. This is only to check if the issue is device specific.

If the issue persists, check if the device is detected under Device manger and update to check if the issue is resolved. Updating the device drivers will enhance the performance of the device on the PC.

Follow the steps below to update the device driver and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the pendrive to the PC, press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click on the pendrive driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the pendrive detected on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer

1. Duplicate pendrive shwn in windows explorer - Similar Threads - Duplicate pendrive shwn

2. WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Explorer Search duplicates.: Has anyone been having problems with the search function in Windows Explorer showing repeat search results? Whenever I try to search something that has more than 36 results, such as photos, it repeats almost each of those results. Clicking on one result will also select the...
  3. Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drives in Windows Explorer: Hi there, Recently i got duplicated drives in Windows explorer, see the screenshot. Any idea how to fix? [img] 155957
  4. Duplicate File Explorer Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate File Explorer Icon: After no issues since installing Windows 10 when it was first released, my File Explorer icon now opens a duplicate icon to the right of my pinned icons on the taskbar. All new instances of File Explorer open in a group under the new icon. When I hover over the new icon, it...
  5. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  6. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  7. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  8. USB Duplication in Explorer

USB Duplication in Explorer: I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable disk (E) and the other just removable disk (E). Even the contents I have put on one have been duplicated. Can anyone tell me if...
  9. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...
  10. Windows Explorer opens duplicate windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer opens duplicate windows: Since Windows 10 preview, I've had really weird Explorer behavior. Sometimes, when I click a directory, Explorer will open two instances of it in two new windows, in addition to the already-open window that I was clicking from. This happens at random with different folders,...