Windows 10: Duplicate photo uploading

Discus and support Duplicate photo uploading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 PC used to allow me to import only new photos from my iPhone but today it wants to import everything again and duplicate what is already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnEdgington, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Duplicate photo uploading

My Windows 10 PC used to allow me to import only new photos from my iPhone but today it wants to import everything again and duplicate what is already there.

Is there a setting that prevents this from happening as sorting out the duplicates each time I back up the phone is going to be a nightmare

:)

JohnEdgington, Nov 28, 2015

2. Is there a setting to only upload new photos from iPhone, so you don't end up with a pile of duplicates.

Original tile: Duplicate pictures

Everytime I plug in my iPhone my laptop wants to upload all the photos not just the new photos. Is there a setting to only upload new photos so you don't end up with a pile of duplicates.

Polar Barry, Nov 28, 2015
  3. John72468 Win User
    Windows 10 Photo Gallery is picking up pics from all over my computer. Also duplicates of my photos.

Windows 10 Photo Gallery is picking up pics from all over my computer. Also duplicates of my photos.

How can I select only pics I upload from my camera or computer, no others. How can I stop my photos from duplicating?

John72468, Nov 28, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Duplicate photo uploading

Others have asked this question on the forum and there is no solution as far as I know. I have the same problem on the memory card from my camera and the only way around it, for me, is to delete the photos off the memory card after they have been transferred. I can see that you might not want to do this with your phone if you like to show the pictures on your phone as well.

A solution for you might be to have your phone automatically sync your photos to OneDrive or some other cloud storage, only the new photos will sync and you will see them appearing on your PC if you have the same cloud storage on it.

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  5. philc43 Win User
    I just discovered an interesting new option in the W10 Photo App. When I inserted a memory card I got the option to import images into the Photo App and this time the App was offering me a checkbox window to select which photos I wanted to import.

Duplicate photo uploading [​IMG]

I guess this may also work for importing from a phone, there is a new items selection which I hope will just allow the new images to be automatically selected. The App is ver 15.1120.13270.0. Can you please see if this works for you and report back?

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  6. Cheers

I have found this and it works ok but you have to go all of the way through and uncheck each group before continuing. Previously when I connected my iPhone it would only load any new photos

JohnEdgington, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate photo uploading

1. Duplicate photo uploading - Similar Threads - Duplicate photo uploading

2. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  3. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.: Because I have already organized my photos into sub-folders the way I like in the folder 'Pictures' on my computer, all have uploaded correctly, in folders, to OneDrive under My Files. Now I find the photos appearing again under Photos by date useless, especially when many...
  4. Photos now duplicated by OneDrive's new automatic 'Photos' upload.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  6. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  7. Photo upload

Photo upload: Can you help me upload photos from camera to computer - old way no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-upload/e7c64b4e-02f6-4a46-afce-80d706025e79"
  8. PHOTOS uploading

PHOTOS uploading: All of my pictures are on PHOTOS. I want to transfer them to another folder. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-uploading/190728a6-b0d3-4614-ad8e-aeb930076ef6"
  9. upload photos

upload photos: I am unable to upload photos from my iphone to my pc using window photo or directly from DCIM. i can upload a few then get a message that device not connected. i have tried numerous different pc's windows 7 and windows 10, multiple usb cords and 2 different apple devices...
  10. Photo upload

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Photo upload: I just 'upgraded' to Windows 10 yesterday from 7. Windows 7 has a generic photo upload program that activated when I hooked the camera up. Windows 10 does not recognize my camera in G drive. Is there a generic program available to upload photos? Samsung support says they do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. duplicate photos when uploading