Windows 10: Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Discus and support Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to download photos from my phone (samsung s8) to my pc and am getting some confusing results on the 'replace or skip' popup menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NongYo, Sep 30, 2019.

1. NongYo Win User

Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to download photos from my phone (samsung s8) to my pc and am getting some confusing results on the 'replace or skip' popup menu.

Some of the pictures are already on my pc .. as i just tend to select a bunch of photos from my phone to overlap from the last purge and make sure i've got everything then skip the duplicates etc. I've always just gone through the compare individual files feature, but have often wondered why and how some of the details appear different for the same file.

here in the photo you can see 3 pairs of duplicate video files, As far as i can tell .. the ACTUAL date the video was taken is the file name.. ie 20180810_104333.mp4, so why does neither the new (12/03/2019 08:08) or existing (10/08/2018 10:46) date and time match that ? what dates am i being shown? and is there a way to change it to the date taken etc or to stop them being modified as its making things very tricky to sort all my photos/videos into chronological order and choose which one i should keep for date accuracy.

Thanks

Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 9bbbbb60-8f8c-4ac4-b740-0f78831dffe1?upload=true.jpg

P.S .. i have opened all these files to check they are exactly the same .. and replaced the icons just for privacy.

:)

NongYo, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10

1. Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Duplicate Photo video

2. Windows 10 file explorer unit confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer unit confusion: Windows 10 file explorer properties and such state that the file/folder sizes are in KB =1,000 bytes, MB =1,000 KB, GB =1,000 MB. As I understand KB = kilobytes, MB = megabytes and GB = gigabytesWhen converting from bytes into either 3 units, the number comes out different...
  3. Windows 10 file explorer unit confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file explorer unit confusion: Windows 10 file explorer properties and such state that the file/folder sizes are in KB =1,000 bytes, MB =1,000 KB, GB =1,000 MB. As I understand KB = kilobytes, MB = megabytes and GB = gigabytesWhen converting from bytes into either 3 units, the number comes out different...
  4. Windows 10 file explorer unit confusion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS explorer stopped accessing photo details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS explorer stopped accessing photo details: My MS Explorer Win 10 has stopped accessing photo details in most of my folders internal drive or remote. If a copy the file to the desktop I can see the file's details. If I access the file through my WD My Cloud I can see the details. If I access the file through MS...
  6. MS explorer stopped accessing photo details

MS explorer stopped accessing photo details: My MS Explorer Win 10 has stopped accessing photo details in most of my folders internal drive or remote. If a copy the file to the desktop I can see the file's details. If I access the file through my WD My Cloud I can see the details. If I access the file through MS...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production: Hi Windows Support,I'm producing videos using the video editor within the Windows 10 Photos App. The Photos app is duplicating each video used onto my C: Drive, eating up space for what appears to be an arbitrary reason. How can I make the Photos app stop duplicating video...
  8. Photos are confusing in Windows 10

Photos are confusing in Windows 10: On Window 7, I could just upload photos from my camera and put them in a folder, edit them in Microsoft Paint, and save them. Now it seems that they all automatically become videos that I can't use in other things. For example, I take pictures to share on blogs, some of...
  9. Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos

Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos: Windows Photos shows all photos, including duplicates on the computer. When you select a photo to delete, it indicates this also deletes all exactduplicates of photo, does this include every copy, including original?...
  10. file explorer icloud photo detail

file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"