Windows 10: Duplicate photos

Discus and support Duplicate photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete photos from the timeline on my Microsoft Photos but save then in the File Explorer. Please tell me if it is possible to detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JackieMarie, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Duplicate photos

I want to delete photos from the timeline on my Microsoft Photos but save then in the File Explorer. Please tell me if it is possible to detect duplicate photos so that I won’t download them again ?

:)

JackieMarie, Dec 3, 2018
  2. BulldogXX Win User

identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Dec 3, 2018
  3. identify duplicate photos

Hi Maureen,

Can you please provide the following information:

• Where are you saving your photos?
    • Is duplicate photos in one folder?
    • When did this issue occur? Any changes made on your device?
    • Is it happening to all of the photos or to some of your photos?
    • Are you also experiencing duplicate files or photos alone?

We'll be here when you post back.

Justine Pel, Dec 3, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Duplicate photos

Ultimate duplicate photo finder

Finding duplicate images is extremely hard . . .

It depends an the criteria the software uses to find duplicates, file name, file size, meta data, pixel to pixel comparison, visual similarity . . . etc.

So the questions I would ask of the software developer are:

• what criteria is that software using to compare images
    • can you change the comparison criteria with that software

Ultimate Duplicate Photo Finder not being able to find duplicates is not a Windows issue, rather an issue with the software you are using, namely Ultimate
    Duplicate Photo Finder!

DaveM121, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate photos

1. Duplicate photos - Similar Threads - Duplicate photos

2. I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...: neither of microsoft's solutions worked for me... "**" did nothing but print out a list...hitting ctrl+A did nothing...opening the photos app didn't work either...when I open settings there is no "viewing and editing" option...nor is there a "linked duplicates" option...I'm...
  3. I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...: neither of microsoft's solutions worked for me... "**" did nothing but print out a list...hitting ctrl+A did nothing...opening the photos app didn't work either...when I open settings there is no "viewing and editing" option...nor is there a "linked duplicates" option...I'm...
  4. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  5. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  6. how to delete duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete duplicate photos: Hello, I have many hundreds of photos that keep duplicating. How can I remove them without having to click each photo to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-photos/e3261e8d-88a6-4341-9436-3c38c93d7d2d
  7. how to delete duplicate photos

how to delete duplicate photos: Hello, I have many hundreds of photos that keep duplicating. How can I remove them without having to click each photo to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-duplicate-photos/e3261e8d-88a6-4341-9436-3c38c93d7d2d
  8. How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?: Over time, I've gotten new phones and computers. Each time I transfer my photos to OneDrive, I can't find a way to exclude duplicate photos. So now I have at least 2 additional copies of all my photos, sometimes more. They all have the file name that includes the word "copy"...
  9. How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?

How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?: Over time, I've gotten new phones and computers. Each time I transfer my photos to OneDrive, I can't find a way to exclude duplicate photos. So now I have at least 2 additional copies of all my photos, sometimes more. They all have the file name that includes the word "copy"...
  10. Windows Photos creating duplicates

Windows Photos creating duplicates: I suddenly have duplicates of all my photos. I've read through all the responses to the other folks with the same issue. I've hit the ellipses and adjusted the folders. There are no folders with duplicates. I've tried the ubiquitous "search this: "**" " direction to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do not import duplicate photos

2. find duplicates by pixels

3. windows how to find duplicate photos

4. windows 10 delete duplicate photos