Windows 10: Duplicate Photos

Discus and support Duplicate Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can someone recommend a good program to scan for and remove duplicate photos? 152786 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeShades, Mar 23, 2020.

1. JoeShades Win User

Duplicate Photos

Can someone recommend a good program to scan for and remove duplicate photos?

:)

JoeShades, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Duplicate Photos

identify duplicate photos

Hi Maureen,

Can you please provide the following information:

• Where are you saving your photos?
    • Is duplicate photos in one folder?
    • When did this issue occur? Any changes made on your device?
    • Is it happening to all of the photos or to some of your photos?
    • Are you also experiencing duplicate files or photos alone?

We'll be here when you post back.

Justine Pel, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Photos

1. Duplicate Photos - Similar Threads - Duplicate Photos

2. One Drive has duplicated my Photos path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive has duplicated my Photos path: Hi all, This is my first post to the community, I really hope you guys can help. I no longer use Onedrive and I have stopped all syncing and have unlinked my PC. I have now noticed that all my Pictures, both in the Onedrive location and the This PC location, have the...
  3. what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner: what is a good safe duplicate photo cleaner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-good-safe-duplicate-photo-cleaner/e900bfcb-70a7-4b06-a080-e08b65328a02"
  4. Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos

Deleting duplicate photos in Windows Photos: Windows Photos shows all photos, including duplicates on the computer. When you select a photo to delete, it indicates this also deletes all exactduplicates of photo, does this include every copy, including original?...
  5. Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 'Photos' application creates duplicates: Hi All Windows Photos appears to be importing duplicates onto my computer through the use of the import function. To be clear I am not seeing duplicates within the 'Photos' app nor am i linked to any cloud accounts. The issue is that I use my images for work quite a bit...
  6. How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10?

How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10?: How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-eliminate-duplicate-photos-from-a-folder/c0f5cd97-976c-44a5-bfcc-fe440db8dc9b"
  7. Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder

Onedrive adding duplicates with new "1" extension to photos in Skydrive folder: Recently i'm seeing a bunch of photos in m Skydrive folder (both on my PC via the OneDrive app/file folder, AND online in OneDrive directly) with a "1" added to the file name. These are still jpg's, but if I click on them they won't open. Says OneDrive can't open this type...
  8. Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage

Preventing duplicate photos appearing in OneDrive cloud storage: Hi Folks, I've got this problem ^, duplicate photos have been appearing in my OneDrive cloud storage for a while now, often several of the same, not just one. I've done a bit of searching for how to fix this, but the simple solution here didn't work. I'd really like to stop...
  9. More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.

More than 5 duplicates of the same photo.: Hi I have opened my photos and have found that I have 6 copies of the same photo. This is how they have been listed. (please see below) Does this mean that I have to manually delete all of these? I am very unsure as to how this has happened. I would appreciate anyones...
  10. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....