Windows 10: Duplicate profile to new user

Discus and support Duplicate profile to new user in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was given a computer to work on that the user has forgotten the pin and has no way of resetting it. After getting access to the Administrator I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lordfly911, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Duplicate profile to new user

So I was given a computer to work on that the user has forgotten the pin and has no way of resetting it. After getting access to the Administrator I figured I would just create a new user, copy the profile over and just make it a local account. Copy profile is greyed out and Googling is giving me conflicting info.

BTW the user is 81 and has been in the hospital for over 3 months battling an eye removal and COVID-19. She gave me what she thought was the pin, but it doesn't work. She also claimed it had a virus but it is clean as a whistle.

submitted by /u/lordfly911
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lordfly911, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Problem with duplication in System Properties, User Profiles

Hi BFG900000,

If the user profiles stopped duplicating after you stopped using that software, then that might be the issue. Another possibility is a virus has infected the computer and created those multiple profiles. While waiting for the response from the developers, I
    suggest that you post this issue in TechNet.
    The members there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Sep 5, 2020
  3. new account and The User Profile Service failed the sign in ; user profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Duplicate profile to new user

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate profile to new user

1. Duplicate profile to new user - Similar Threads - Duplicate profile user

2. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  3. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  4. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  6. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  7. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  8. Duplicate Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate Profiles: This is my first time using this forum. I’m building a windows 10 machine that needs multiple identical profiles with unique names. This machine is not going to be on a domain but maybe imaged or replicated. The settings that need to be the same include: Start Menu, Task Bar,...
  9. Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?: HI Guys I was just going to check my APP data and came across varies duplicate profiles see here Any idea why these have been created and can i delete them? Win version is here 143948
  10. Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?: HI Guys I was just going to check my APP data and came across varies duplicate profiles see here Any idea why these have been created and can i delete them? Win version is here 143948