Windows 10: Duplicate Profiles

Discus and support Duplicate Profiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is my first time using this forum. I’m building a windows 10 machine that needs multiple identical profiles with unique names. This machine is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jambus955, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Duplicate Profiles

This is my first time using this forum. I’m building a windows 10 machine that needs multiple identical profiles with unique names. This machine is not going to be on a domain but maybe imaged or replicated. The settings that need to be the same include: Start Menu, Task Bar, Background, Default Apps, Power Options, Browser settings with favorites and extensions.

Ideally, I would like to just duplicate my first profile 15-20 times without having to configure one at a time. I’m finding out that Windows doesn't make this easy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. TY

submitted by /u/jambus955
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jambus955, Jan 9, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Jan 9, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Duplicate Profiles :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Duplicate Profiles

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate Profiles

1. Duplicate Profiles - Similar Threads - Duplicate Profiles

2. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.: Hi,I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, but here goes. I was doing some routine maintenance on my wife's computer and noticed that her desktop has a folder labeled with her name and is a duplicate of the folder found in This PC > Windows 10 C: > Users.I don't know how...
  3. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.: Hi,I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, but here goes. I was doing some routine maintenance on my wife's computer and noticed that her desktop has a folder labeled with her name and is a duplicate of the folder found in This PC > Windows 10 C: > Users.I don't know how...
  4. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Profile Error

Duplicate Profile Error: Hello!After an update, Windows 10 created an additional profile, which it always tries to login to when I turn on my PC. I cannot delete the profile as it does not appear in the list of profiles on my computer. Any idea how to adjust this?The additional profile seems to be my...
  6. Duplicate Profile Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Profile Error: Hello!After an update, Windows 10 created an additional profile, which it always tries to login to when I turn on my PC. I cannot delete the profile as it does not appear in the list of profiles on my computer. Any idea how to adjust this?The additional profile seems to be my...
  7. Duplicate Profile Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  9. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  10. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users