Windows 10: Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Discus and support Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CorinnaChandler, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I can see duplicate files (as below) but unable to delete or move these. It says that I do not have permissions (see below)

I haven't duplicated them, I wouldn't know how, so no idea what is going on.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Corinna

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? de1fbc98-a912-42e1-a5ad-5f21022ae4dc?upload=true.png

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? 419e0be3-7d02-4d17-a930-11d06d7585ac?upload=true.png

:)

CorinnaChandler, Aug 31, 2019

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 31, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

1. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? - Similar Threads - Duplicate Program Files

2. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  3. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?: I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-duplicate-files-in-program-and-program-x86/cd70420d-7f3c-42b3-8abb-5c13b124b452
  4. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?: I have two program files: Programs and Programs X86 that appear to have duplicate files. Can I delete one of the duplicates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-duplicate-files-in-program-and-program-x86/cd70420d-7f3c-42b3-8abb-5c13b124b452
  5. I have duplicate files in Program and Program x86. Can I delete one of them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Duplicate keyboards are not installed I can't remove them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate keyboards are not installed I can't remove them.: On Windows 11, I have installed the English UK and Russian language packs, with the keyboards I want for both of them. However, there is an English United States keyboard available, but no language pack installed to uninstall the keyboard. I will never use that layout, and...
  7. Duplicate File Program

Duplicate File Program: G'day, I purchased the Duplicated file program. I inserted my PHOTO STICK into the usb. I clicked on search. The program ran. At the end, there was a picture of the originals and underneath a tick in the duplicated photo. I clicked delete. Now, most of the photos have been...
  8. Removing duplicate programs

Removing duplicate programs: One of my system management apps (Wise) seems to list duplicates of a few of my installed programs., one example is Mighty Text which seems to have more than a half dozen copies. Most other utilities such as uninstallers and file managers are only showing the one copy. I have...
  9. Programs removed during a reset can i restore them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs removed during a reset can i restore them: Hi, After reseting windows 10 all programs are gone, is there anyway to restore them? Thanks in advance! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-removed-during-a-reset-can-i-restore-them/bbf7d5b4-0461-4abc-a907-0cea7bc89194
  10. Duplicate program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate program files: Why do I have two of each program file on my HP Laptop using Windows 10? (I have only had the laptop a few months and have had nothing but storage problems.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-program-files/db89d05c-9774-4757-916b-b03cabc0fd59"