Windows 10: Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Discus and support Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CorinnaChandler, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, my Asus laptop using Windows 10 is close to full storage. The files that take most of my memory are the program files, I can see duplicate files (as below) but unable to delete or move these. It says that I do not have permissions (see below)

I haven't duplicated them, I wouldn't know how, so no idea what is going on.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Corinna

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? de1fbc98-a912-42e1-a5ad-5f21022ae4dc?upload=true.png

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? 419e0be3-7d02-4d17-a930-11d06d7585ac?upload=true.png

:)

CorinnaChandler, Aug 31, 2019

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 31, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them?

1. Duplicate Program Files - how can I remove them? - Similar Threads - Duplicate Program Files

2. Find and remove duplicated files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find and remove duplicated files: Use the app " Duplicated file remover“, Scan a hard disk. After a few hours, the screen shows conflict info "scanning duplicated 100%" and "remaining one file" for more than two hours. What should I do?. Wait more or cancel it....
  3. OK to Remove Duplicate Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    OK to Remove Duplicate Files?: I used CCleaner to identify duplicate files on my Win10 system. It came up with 100s of them, but what I noticed is each duplicate is in a separate folder - appears in all cases, one of the folders is a sub-folder of the other. Most of the files are .dll, but there are also...
  4. Can I delete duplicate system files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete duplicate system files?: I had moved my files from my OS drive to my DATA drive, because it had more space, and forgot to deselect the system files, and I cannot undo what I did. Is it safe to delete them? 132512
  5. Duplicate program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate program files: Why do I have two of each program file on my HP Laptop using Windows 10? (I have only had the laptop a few months and have had nothing but storage problems.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-program-files/db89d05c-9774-4757-916b-b03cabc0fd59"
  6. Remove duplicate default program entry

Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  7. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  8. How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?

How can I remove programs from start menu Programs?: I have a lot of programs installed and have my own toolbars to access them. Seeing all those programs on the Programs list of the start menu is distracting. All I really want is the folders that house subprograms. The only option offered is to uninstall but not to remove from...
  9. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286
  10. Unused Paper Sizes - Can I Remove Them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unused Paper Sizes - Can I Remove Them?: Firstly, I have an Epson Workforce WF-7620 Printer, if that makes a difference. Secondly, I'm (obviously) on Windows 10 since I'm here, using Word 2016, however I don't think the application itself is important. I could be wrong. I'l just use it as an example. When I...