Windows 10: Duplicate program files

Discus and support Duplicate program files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I have two of each program file on my HP Laptop using Windows 10? (I have only had the laptop a few months and have had nothing but storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lkmsaint, Jan 12, 2019.

1. lkmsaint Win User

Duplicate program files

Why do I have two of each program file on my HP Laptop using Windows 10? (I have only had the laptop a few months and have had nothing but storage problems.)

:)

lkmsaint, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jan 12, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Duplicate program files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate program files

1. Duplicate program files - Similar Threads - Duplicate program files

2. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: how can I get rid of all my duplicate files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/d6843f21-9863-40dd-882b-16e0c63a8dca"
  3. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  4. Remove duplicate default program entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove duplicate default program entry: After a bout with some spyware, I found that I have two entries for Firefox in my list of default programs in Win 10 settings. One won't let me pick Firefox as the default browser when I choose that one. I want to remove it from the list. Is there a quick way? See the...
  5. Mirrored or Duplicate File

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirrored or Duplicate File: Welcome to my problem and thanks in anticipation for your help. I have an internal 1.8 TB HD in my PC (Drive G: volume name Backup) where I chuck a multitude of Files and Folders etc, for safe keeping, whenever any information is saved to the drive, however, a copy is also...
  6. Duplicate files

Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  7. File History - Duplicates

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History - Duplicates: So I've become suspicious on why my 3TB HDD all of a sudden has got around 900GB left, even though I have around 300GB of user data (Most not updated regularly). So I turn to file history and try to figure out what the hell is going on and have realized this thing is...
  8. Duplicate files/folders

Duplicate files/folders: I am after some software that will help me remove duplicate files. In this case, some program seems to have recreated duplicate folders with just a file called "desktop.ini" in it. I would like to be able to search for that and remove all the corresponding duplicate...
  9. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286
  10. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903