Windows 10: Duplicate screen issues

Discus and support Duplicate screen issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 20210124-165437.jpg Long story short. When I duplicate my screen off my Asus ROG Strix G17, it looks fine on my tv as long as both the TV and laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roofiez4u, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Duplicate screen issues

20210124-165437.jpg

Long story short. When I duplicate my screen off my Asus ROG Strix G17, it looks fine on my tv as long as both the TV and laptop screens are on. As soon as I close my laptop lid to watch it on my TV, I get really bad stuttering. This is a new laptop and I never had this issue running Windows 7. And I've played with all the settings a hundred times. I don't think this would be an issue but, my screen on the laptop is 144hz and my TV is 60hz. But I made sure the settings are right both in Nvidia control panel and display properties.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/roofiez4u
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/roofiez4u, Jan 24, 2021

2. Issue Duplicating Screen

Hi Coltswrestling,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Have you tried connecting
      using different cables?
    3. Have you tried to duplicating laptop display to TV via HDMI?

You may try the below suggested steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: Change screen resolution on PC

1. Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to
      Display Settings
    2. On the settings Window, click on “Advanced display settings”.
    3. From the drop down menu, select the “Recommended” resolution and check the status of the issue.

Method 2

Sometimes this issue might occur possible due to faulty drivers. It is required to update the necessary display drivers to fix the issue. Please refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to Update the drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    and Set up dual monitors on Windows 10
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Duplicate screen issues

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Duplicate screen issues

1. Duplicate screen issues - Similar Threads - Duplicate screen issues

2. Duplicate Files On Screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Files On Screen: I open several text files and often duplicate ones accidentally which when I modify them I have to find out which is the best copy. Is there a way to get notification upon opening a file already open?...
  3. Duplicate Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Screens: I have one CPU, with 2 displays. 1 monitor and 1 projector. If I get a monitor with PBP, would I be able to split the screen on the monitor to show the monitor and mirror the projector and use the same keyboard/mouse? The problem I'm having is when I use the projector display...
  4. Duplicate Screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Screens: I have one CPU, with 2 displays. 1 monitor and 1 projector. If I get a monitor with PBP, would I be able to split the screen on the monitor to show the monitor and mirror the projector and use the same keyboard/mouse? The problem I'm having is when I use the projector display...
  5. duplicate screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    duplicate screens: Hi guys, I use a laptop and have connected 2 extra monitors. Im wanting to have 3 screens but I seem to only be able to have my laptop duplicate 1 of the screens. Is there a way to have no duplicate screen so that I can have 3 different screens on the go?...
  6. Duplicate screens

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate screens: I have computer screen and monitor screen locked and can't separate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screens/c1713503-abf4-4b4f-b95e-9dd0ba7e35f1
  7. Screen is not duplicating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen is not duplicating: Hello, My Screen is not duplicating, I have read many articles about duplicating it but none of them worked. When I try duplicating, It says That it cannot save the changes. The Laptop resolution is 1920*1080p. The cables are all ok as another laptop worked just fine and...
  8. duplicating screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicating screens: trying to dupilcate computer screen to my television but not connecting.HDMI is working but just not connecting tv,was working before i updated my computer couple hours ago.could it be something thats turned off?...
  9. Issue Duplicating Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue Duplicating Screen: Hello, We connect our computer to our TV so we can show videos on it. Recently we bought a new computer and with that we have been experiencing some issues . We connect the PC to the TV through a VGA to HDMI adapter. We can extend the screens to make the TV act like a...
  10. Duplicate Display Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate Display Issues: Hello, Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display. I have been able to do this in the past, so thinking it might of been a Windows 10 update? Any help would be much appreciated....