Windows 10: "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

Discus and support "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a weirdly specific but (to me) very annoying problem. I have two shortcuts to Chrome on my Taskbar, or at least I used to. The first is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClintEmsley, Aug 16, 2016.

1. "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

I have a weirdly specific but (to me) very annoying problem.

I have two shortcuts to Chrome on my Taskbar, or at least I used to. The first is the default shortcut. The second opens up a specific page in Incognito mode using some command line stuff. I use it about 10 times a day for work.

It appears that Windows 10 is reading these as duplicates, and deleting the second one every time it goes to sleep. I have to add it again every time I wake up or restart my computer. I've actually created a shortcut on my C drive and keep pinning that to my taskbar, but it disappears at regular intervals.

Any idea how to stop this from happening? Weird work-arounds are fine, if you have 'em.

Thanks!

:)

ClintEmsley, Aug 16, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 16, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

"Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

Hello ClintEmsley and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I wonder if W10 is simply combining taskbar buttons rather than deleting them? There is an option in Taskbar properties to never combine, does this help?

philc43, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

"Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

1. "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted - Similar Threads - Duplicate shortcuts taskbar

2. Taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar shortcuts: Hey so I'm trying to pin the download folder to the taskbar, and everytime I do, it pins inside the list of the File explorer, I know I could separately pin them individually side by side in the taskbar but now I can't for some reason, any help is appreciated submitted by...
  3. delete duplicate picure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete duplicate picure: how do I delete things to get more space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-duplicate-picure/be59bb92-1639-4595-949a-3dffd9dbda6c
  4. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  5. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  6. prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    prevent deletion of desktop or taskbar shortcuts: Hi. I have a Windows 10 home PC where I need to prevent users from deleting or changing shortcuts on the desktop or taskbar. I will settle for not deleting them if I am asking for too much. I have implemented an Admin Account and a standard user account. People are only...
  7. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  8. If I pin emacs to the taskbar, I get duplicate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I pin emacs to the taskbar, I get duplicate.: How to get rid of one and still have emacs pinned to the taskbar ? [img] 23436
  9. How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?: If I pin iTunes shortcut to task bar and then launch iTunes, it shows two iTunes icons in task bar. How do I go about fixing this? 22774
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of duplicate shortcuts in toolbar