Windows 10: "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

Discus and support "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a weirdly specific but (to me) very annoying problem. I have two shortcuts to Chrome on my Taskbar, or at least I used to. The first is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClintEmsley, Aug 16, 2016.

1. "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

I have a weirdly specific but (to me) very annoying problem.

I have two shortcuts to Chrome on my Taskbar, or at least I used to. The first is the default shortcut. The second opens up a specific page in Incognito mode using some command line stuff. I use it about 10 times a day for work.

It appears that Windows 10 is reading these as duplicates, and deleting the second one every time it goes to sleep. I have to add it again every time I wake up or restart my computer. I've actually created a shortcut on my C drive and keep pinning that to my taskbar, but it disappears at regular intervals.

Any idea how to stop this from happening? Weird work-arounds are fine, if you have 'em.

Thanks!

:)

ClintEmsley, Aug 16, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 16, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

"Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

Hello ClintEmsley and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I wonder if W10 is simply combining taskbar buttons rather than deleting them? There is an option in Taskbar properties to never combine, does this help?

philc43, Aug 17, 2016
Thema:

"Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted

1. "Duplicate" shortcuts on the taskbar get deleted - Similar Threads - Duplicate shortcuts taskbar

2. Delete duplicate account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Delete duplicate account: Hi. I inadvertently created two Microsoft accounts using the same email address and password. The first a couple years ago as personal and recently another when I bought Office 365. Now it seems to take me to the old personal account whenever I log in. This means I...
  3. Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar: Dear Microsoft, I do not want a shortcut to Microsoft Edge on my taskbar. How can I remove it? Barbara. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/get-rid-of-microsoft-edge-shortcut-from-taskbar/2a5cd2fa-73d5-4eff-b234-2561dff21ab9
  4. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  5. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar: When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there. [img] Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new...
  6. Favorites bar keeps adding duplicates of shortcuts.

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites bar keeps adding duplicates of shortcuts.: This problem has gone on for a long time and I finally need and want to cure it. This occurs on my laptop and my desktop. I just replaced my HDD in my desktop, and thanks to help from here I easily clean installed Win 10 two days ago using ISO dvd. I use OE11 as well as Edge...
  7. Deleted Cortana Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Cortana Shortcut: Yeah, I did that. Now I can not start Cortana on my Windows 10 desktop... Um, what is the target for Cortana? Or how can I make a new Cortana shortcut? 28511
  8. If I pin emacs to the taskbar, I get duplicate.

If I pin emacs to the taskbar, I get duplicate.: How to get rid of one and still have emacs pinned to the taskbar ? [img] 23436
  9. How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?

How to fix duplicate iTunes shortcut on Taskbar?: If I pin iTunes shortcut to task bar and then launch iTunes, it shows two iTunes icons in task bar. How do I go about fixing this? 22774
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...