Windows 10: Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying

Discus and support Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a MySql installation on a Windows 10 64-bit machine. I am seeing duplicate files displayed in the Start Menu. Is there anyway to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wincwxguy, Sep 20, 2017.

1. wincwxguy Win User

Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying

Hello,

I have a MySql installation on a Windows 10 64-bit machine. I am seeing duplicate files displayed in the Start Menu. Is there anyway to clean this up? There is only one physical file location that I can see.

Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying [​IMG]

Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying [​IMG]

Thank you.

:)

wincwxguy, Sep 20, 2017

2. Duplicate Program Shortcuts...

Open File Explorer and go to Windows - Start menu - Programs folder. Delete the duplicate shortcuts from there.

Linley Meslier, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Need to reset what "Display Settings" does when I plug in a second monitor

In that case, try changing the Multiple displays option to Duplicate displays. Right-click on desktop then select display settings. Click advanced display settings and select the main monitor. On the drop down menu of "Multiple displays", select Duplicate
    displays then click apply.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Sep 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I think you might be seeing one of my 'favourite' Windows bugs - and why I use Classic Shell start menu (free) not Win 10's. However you refer to having only one folder.... so I'm not quite sure. Anyway:

I'm going to guess you have an inherited quite deeply nested hierarchical start menu (lots of folders).

After about 3 deep, Win 10's start menu discards the folders and lists the content (shortcuts) in order. Thus you might get

Help
    Help
    Help
    Help

- each relating to a separate program.

I think MS's thinking is this:
    If you clean install Win 10 and use the start menu, it works.

If you upgrade with a complex start menu, deeply nested, you're sunk 'cos they haven't allowed for that.

(Initially the number of items allowed in the Start Menu was so low some found items missing when upgrading... that might tell you something).

Use Classic Shell- it just works.

dalchina, Sep 20, 2017
  5. wincwxguy Win User
    Is there a tutorial on how to use Classic Shell?

wincwxguy, Sep 20, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    It's easy- just download it (free) - easy to find. Lots of configurable options, drag 'n drop - you can still use Win10's menu with a hot key, and launch apps from CS. Search is configurable (unlike Win 10's).

You are always free to search the tutorial section.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate Start Menu Files Displaying - Similar Threads - Duplicate Start Menu

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu: Hello,I have issue with my Windows 11. When I'm typing application name or folder example "Documents" in start menu it shows correct application and one record without icon. I can't do anything with that without icon record. How I can solve this issue? Preview below....
  6. Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu: Hello,I have issue with my Windows 11. When I'm typing application name or folder example "Documents" in start menu it shows correct application and one record without icon. I can't do anything with that without icon record. How I can solve this issue? Preview below....
  7. Duplicate start menu item name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate start menu item name: [IMG]This is a quick question I dont need answered but how could I remove the 1 after the file explorer option or computer on the start menu i got this after the 2004 upgrade...
  8. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu: Loads of ms apps updated today, one of them ‘get office’. Now have two entries of ‘my office’ in start menu. How can I get rid of / hide one. One does nothing, the other launches it as normal. I tried right click uninstall on the one that does nothing but it doesn’t do...
  9. Duplicated icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated icons in Start Menu: I have a little application that scans for hijacks, malware, etc, is a verified .exe file. I want to pin it to start, it does, but with duplicates. I try removing one, but it remove the other also. 84935
  10. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...