Windows 10: duplicate taskbar icon

Discus and support duplicate taskbar icon in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DWFII, Nov 21, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

duplicate taskbar icon

Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra.

Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one?

:)

DWFII, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 22, 2019
  3. MDJ
    MDJ Win User
    Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

4. FZG
    FZG Win User

duplicate taskbar icon

Duplicate icons on taskbar in IntelliJ – Windows 10

I have an issue with IntelliJ IDEA and Android Studio when I pin the icons to my taskbar. If I click on the icon, the actual window opens in a smaller duplicate icon on the taskbar rather than opening the window in the pinned icon.

I have tried uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Pro and reinstalling, but to no avail. Copying the .exe file directly to the AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar folder doesn't work – the icon does not appear.

This is not a duplicate of this question: Some taskbar pinned icons are duplicated when an instance of the application is running

I have tried all the suggested solutions from the earlier question, to check, but there is still a duplicate icon, so maybe it is a problem with Windows 10 specifically. I do not have any problems with any other programs.

Thema:

duplicate taskbar icon

1. duplicate taskbar icon - Similar Threads - duplicate taskbar icon

2. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  3. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?: Hello,I run Windows 10 22H2.Years ago, I put an icon of my design on a Desktop Shortcut that launched my email client, Thunderbird. Next I pinned that, then new, icon to the taskbar where it lived happily, and worked perfectly, untilabout a week ago.Now, a click of that...
  4. Eliminate Duplicate Icons on Taskbar...?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar: Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I have only seen the problem with the teams application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams-icon-duplicating-on-taskbar/6d8db632-f9cc-4bc1-9dfc-335e6dbbcadb
  6. Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft teams icon duplicating on taskbar: Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? I have only seen the problem with the teams application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-teams-icon-duplicating-on-taskbar/6d8db632-f9cc-4bc1-9dfc-335e6dbbcadb
  7. Deliberately Duplicating Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deliberately Duplicating Taskbar Icons: I wish to duplicate my Google Chrome taskbar icon so I can have two of them, each opening to a separate Google account. This is apparently a bug, and it happened on my previous computer, but it actually turned out to be pretty useful. However, every time I try to search for a...
  8. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  9. Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate office 2016 icons in taskbar: When I pin Office 2016 to my taskbar, then click on it opens a new icon on the taskbar instead of using the one already there. [img] Also, not sure if this is related. But when I right click on this new icon and go to the "tasks" menu with the "New email message, new...
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...