Windows 10: "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

Discus and support "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I would like to mirror my pc to my tv using a hdmi. But when i select the option "Duplicate these display" in the display setting i get the pc screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/philongeo, May 9, 2020.

1. "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

I would like to mirror my pc to my tv using a hdmi. But when i select the option "Duplicate these display" in the display setting i get the pc screen flash with the message asking if i want to keep the changes and my tv emit a crackle sound. But my tv screen stays on No signal. When i use the option "Display only on 2" (2 being my tv screen" it works and i my pc is displayed on my pc.

But i would like to duplicate the 2 screens and was wondering if anyone had any idea on why it would not work?

submitted by /u/philongeo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/philongeo, May 9, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Display 1 not swappable with Display 2. Why?

Hi Raven,

You can choose from the list of monitors, which screen you want to make as your main display. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select which screen you want to make as the main display.
    • Check Make this my main display, then click Apply.

"Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does? 9c73e05e-a8bc-42ad-b87f-c77d80cbfc0a.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, May 9, 2020
  3. WrongGame Win User
    Duplicating multiple Displays

I have been attempting to duplicate three displays. All displays are the same resolution, same refresh rate, same 8-bit color, etc.

All are connected to the same graphics card (Nvidia Quadro P620).

All are using a mini Display Port to HDMI converter with an HDMI cable running to each monitor.

The desktop can be extended to all displays, but there is no option to duplicate the desktop to all displays, only to display 1 and 2 or to 1 and 3.

Two of the displays are listed as Generic PNP Monitors. The other says what the display is actually named.

I have been attempting these options through Windows Display Settings.

WrongGame, May 9, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

"Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 9, 2020
Thema:

"Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

1. "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does? - Similar Threads - Duplicate display doesn't

2. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  3. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  4. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  5. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?: My setup: PC is connected to a 22" monitor display 1 on a desk. Second monitor display 2 is a large screen television in the waiting room not visible from desk that runs an application that routes customers to specific service windows. Is there a way to see a small windowed...
  6. Dual Display: Window of Display 2 on Display 1?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  8. Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1

Two Monitors, Duplicated Display, Computer only detects 1: My friend has windows 10 and her computer was working completely fine. However, it randomly shut down and now it only detects one of the plugged in monitors and duplicates one screen onto both of them....
  9. HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended

HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended: I have 2 displays, one with HDR support and one without it. When I set them as extended displays on windows, I can turn on HDR for the display supporting it, but if i choose to duplicate the displays, I can't do it and when I enter windows HD color settings, it now says...
  10. Show only on display 2 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show only on display 2 does not work: I have a Surface book pro 2 with windows 10 and whenever I want my desktop to only show up on my main display at home (a LG extra wide screen) it goes all black. I have tried both a usb-c to hdmi and a usb-c to displayport connector with the same results. I have used the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not detecting second monitor