Windows 10: Duplicate things in Windows 10

Discus and support Duplicate things in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't understand why there are duplicate things in Windows 10? For example: Why two settings? [img] [img] And literally there are same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ditendra, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ditendra Win User

Duplicate things in Windows 10

I don't understand why there are duplicate things in Windows 10?
    For example: Why two settings?

Duplicate things in Windows 10 [​IMG]

And literally there are same things in there, like for example if you want to uninstall a software you can go here:

or you can go here:

Why duplicate things? It seems so stupid...

:)

Ditendra, Mar 8, 2016
  2. hayhurst2 Win User

How do I stop Windows Media Player from "Updating"?

In Windows 10 I have many duplicate songs in the Windows Media Player list and when I try to delete the duplicates from Windows Media Player (WMP) it starts "updating" and replaces the deleted songs back into my songs list. There are also duplicates in
    the play lists and the same thing happens when I try to delete the duplicate play lists. I can delete the play lists by right clicking and checking "delete" or by highlighting them and pressing the "delete" button, but then WMP starts "Updating" and it restores
    the deleted play lists. How do I stop the "Updating" so I can eliminate the duplicates from my list of songs, and also delete the duplicate play lists?

hayhurst2, Mar 8, 2016
  3. How to remove duplicate contacts from "people" in lumia 535

So the best thing to do is unlink the duplicate contacts and then delete the duplicate. I had to do the same thing recently.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

The Control Panel has been an integral part of Windows since Windows 2 which was released two weeks before Christmas back in 1987. The Settings App will over the near future replace it; they are still there "working in harmony" but you can be quite sure that as each new build of Windows 10 brings even so minor improvements for the Settings App, the Control Panel will one day vanish. It already is kind of deprecated, there has been no changes in Control Panel lately.

Settings app was first introduced in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 (released 2012). Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 as they are today still need some components of the Control Panel, that's why it's still there.

An example of this symbiosis: You can manage most of the time and date settings in the Settings App, but if you like me want the taskbar clock to show the date as 09-Mar-2016 instead of default 09/03/2016 (here in Europe) or 3/9/2016 on the wrong side of the big pond, you need to go to additional time & date settings which can be found in Control Panel. Selecting Change date and time formats in Settings Aapp only allows you to use a few preset formats, whereas the Control Panel component lets you modify them as you wish.

As long as the Settings App cannot do everything, we still need Control Panel on the side. Some former Control Panel functions have already been completely moved to Settings App, for instance Control Panel no longer has the Windows Update component.

Kari, Mar 8, 2016
  5. Ditendra Win User
    All right, but I don't understand why they didn't move control panel & all detailed settings which control panel includes to the new Settings section. It would be logically better if there was one place for all settings in Windows.

Ditendra, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate things in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Duplicate things

2. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate files: What app does Microsoft use or recommend to find duplicate files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/dc6b0cd8-16b8-4441-9092-5cd72b5c08c1
  4. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  6. Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management

Cannot delete duplicate windows drive this drive not showing in disk management: Hello everyone. I want to delete Windows M: drive that same size of Windows C: Original drive but I found that cannot delete it and I checked in disk management that not showing also.I'm hoping there is a solution for this. Thanks in advance....
  7. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  8. Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable

Can't Duplicate my screen on Projector with HDMI cable: Hey there, I recently had windows 11 installed on my Leveno computer and got a new projector at the same time. I am now having issues when I plug an HDMI cord and try to duplicate my screen. It will allow me to extend through the projector but not Duplicate. Any help would be...
  9. Duplicate screen setting

Duplicate screen setting: I often connect to a projector, in my job as a teacher. What I see on my laptop with Windows 11 needs to be duplicated on the projector. In the mornings, I select the duplicate screen setting but if I change apps, the screen doesn't reflect the changes I am making on my...
  10. After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.: A few weeks ago, I reinstalled and reset windows. I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home, with the choice of "delete everything". That was not the case. As I figured out, some things were not deleted, such as system reserved disk partitions, devices, and system...