Windows 10: Duplicate Updates

Discus and support Duplicate Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a question. I was running a virus scan the today and it told me it scanned over 1,000,000 items. But my laptop has barely anything on it. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zashaikh, Nov 14, 2015.

1. zashaikh Win User

Duplicate Updates

I have a question. I was running a virus scan the today and it told me it scanned over 1,000,000 items. But my laptop has barely anything on it. So I used WiseUninstaller to get rid of any junk I could have. But apparently, it told me that I had multiple, duplicate windows 10 updates installed on my PC. It seemed like this was takeing up a lot of space. Has this happened to anyone else? I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 about a month ago on this laptop.

And would you guys have any other idea why my virus scanner said I had so many items on my PC? I literally have no documents, no picstures, no videos, no music, and just a few programs.

Thanks

:)

zashaikh, Nov 14, 2015
  2. hayhurst2 Win User

How do I stop Windows Media Player from "Updating"?

In Windows 10 I have many duplicate songs in the Windows Media Player list and when I try to delete the duplicates from Windows Media Player (WMP) it starts "updating" and replaces the deleted songs back into my songs list. There are also duplicates in
    the play lists and the same thing happens when I try to delete the duplicate play lists. I can delete the play lists by right clicking and checking "delete" or by highlighting them and pressing the "delete" button, but then WMP starts "Updating" and it restores
    the deleted play lists. How do I stop the "Updating" so I can eliminate the duplicates from my list of songs, and also delete the duplicate play lists?

hayhurst2, Nov 14, 2015
  3. RobinKing Win User
    Screen won't Duplicate

I recently updated my laptop to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition and now the screen won't duplicate via the Port Duplicator that I use, to the projector, I am trying to duplicate it through.

I have tried updating the port duplicator drivers. I tried downgrading the drivers. And the screen will not duplicate.

In the display settings, there isn't even the OPTION to duplicate. The only option to duplicate comes through Win + P but choosing duplicate there, the laptop shows the laptop screen (obviously!) but the projector only shows the projector blue screen. If
    I choose Second Screen Only, it will show on the projector but not on the laptop. (Although I did notice that Powerpoint presentations will show on both!)

I tried swapping out all the hardware with the same results so I know it isn't that.

Extend will work the way it is supposed to, PC Screen Only will work the way it is supposed to.

Why doesn't duplicate?

RobinKing, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Duplicate Updates

Run CMD as admin and enter this command:

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

When it finishes, enter next one and select everything, you want to clean:

cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

TairikuOkami, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Duplicate Updates

1. Duplicate Updates - Similar Threads - Duplicate Updates

2. After recent update I have a small upper left duplicate screen that blocks apps opening...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After recent update I have a small upper left duplicate screen that blocks apps opening...: Cannot find a fix in Display Settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-i-have-a-small-upper-left/18f1dcfa-22e2-41b6-b401-14c3f166e864
  3. After recent update I have a small upper left duplicate screen that blocks apps opening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent update I have a small upper left duplicate screen that blocks apps opening...: Cannot find a fix in Display Settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-i-have-a-small-upper-left/18f1dcfa-22e2-41b6-b401-14c3f166e864
  4. After recent update I have a small upper left duplicate screen that blocks apps opening...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why do I get a name duplication error when submitting an update of an application to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get a name duplication error when submitting an update of an application to...: I have an application in Microsoft Store that I want to update. I have updated the application, but when I submit it I get a certification report with the message:'The product name does not accurately represent the product. The product name contains the title of another piece...
  6. Why do I get a name duplication error when submitting an update of an application to...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why do I get a name duplication error when submitting an update of an application to...: I have an application in Microsoft Store that I want to update. I have updated the application, but when I submit it I get a certification report with the message:'The product name does not accurately represent the product. The product name contains the title of another piece...
  7. Why do I get a name duplication error when submitting an update of an application to...

8. Windows Updates causing "duplicate" IP

Windows Updates causing "duplicate" IP: Hello all, hoping someone else has run into this and can provide some ideas.At my work place, in my department each person has 2 sets of PCs. 1 on the normal company network IPs where we are all just standard users and IT manages everything, and another on our own VLAN for...
  9. Windows Updates causing "duplicate" IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Updates causing "duplicate" IP: Hello all, hoping someone else has run into this and can provide some ideas.At my work place, in my department each person has 2 sets of PCs. 1 on the normal company network IPs where we are all just standard users and IT manages everything, and another on our own VLAN for...
  10. Windows Updates causing "duplicate" IP

in Windows 10 Gaming