Windows 10: Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

Discus and support Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings all, Can anyone tell me why I would be seeing duplicate drive letters for any USB drive i.e. thumb, ssd, etc., in the MS Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by INDYICEMAN, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

Greetings all,

Can anyone tell me why I would be seeing duplicate drive letters for any USB drive i.e. thumb, ssd, etc., in the MS Explorer navigation pane.

Also, when I click on the "Safely remove hardware" icon on the taskbar to remove the USB drive, it's always telling me

"Problem ejecting device & The device is in use" on the first attempt to remove it.

But on the 2nd attempt, it does allow me to remove the drive.

Just wondering if this is by design, or have I bugged up my PC in some way …. !

Any help is always appreciated

indyice

:)

INDYICEMAN, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 19, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    StarTech Announces USB Drive Duplicator

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a new USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15), a portable solution for simultaneously copying one USB flash drive to up to five USB flash drives at speeds of up to 1.5GB per minute or securely erasing up to six flash drives. The duplicator is the most compact of its kind on the market, ideal for users who need a portable way to distribute data from a single flash drive onto many, or completely remove content from multiple flash drives simultaneously.

"StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator can boost productivity and save time for IT and Marketing professionals who need to constantly generate multiple software and marketing collateral distributions while they're away from the office" said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "Compared to traditional CDs or DVDs, USB flash drives provide a more cost-effective and convenient way to distribute files and information. The USB Flash Drive Duplicator can drastically reduce the time needed to create multiple copies, which is extremely useful for many industries, including IT professionals who need to deploy operating system files or software, or make quick data backups, or for marketing professionals who distribute content using flash drives."

Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters 25a_thm.jpg

Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters 25b_thm.jpg

Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters 25c_thm.jpg

Features of the USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (USBDUP15), include:
    • Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 Flash Drives
    • 1:5 standalone duplication with 2 duplication modes
    • Erase up to 6 USB flash drives with single-pass and multi-pass overwriting/DoD erasing
    • High-speed duplication at 1.5GB per minute
    • TAA compliant
    • Built-in LCD display
    • Check drive capacity, quality and speed with intuitive task management
    • Supports Asynchronous, Synchronous copy modes, for quick batch swapping with 64 MB of internal memory
    MSRP for StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15) is £580.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The drive dock will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, Dec 19, 2019
  4. rbubba10 Win User

Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

Duplicate drive letters for removable USB drives after windows 10 upgrade.

I have the same problem of duplicate drive letters for removable USB drives after windows 10 upgrade.

rbubba10, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters

1. Duplicate USB Thumb drive letters - Similar Threads - Duplicate USB Thumb

2. duplicate drive letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate drive letters: I have tried all the suggestions I found on the Internet and the drive letters still show. I renamed the registry entry to .old. Restarted my computer, reset the task manager. Why isn't it working or what else do I need to do to get ride of the duplicate letters?Thank...
  3. duplicate drive letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate drive letters: I have tried all the suggestions I found on the Internet and the drive letters still show. I renamed the registry entry to .old. Restarted my computer, reset the task manager. Why isn't it working or what else do I need to do to get ride of the duplicate letters?Thank...
  4. duplicate drive letters

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  6. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  7. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  9. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  10. Duplicate drive letter

Duplicate drive letter: I have followed regedit route but there is no key F5FB2C77.. shown under Delegate folders. Window 10 64 bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/duplicate-drive-letter/e43efcc0-8fb2-4d3a-8e72-b8d8d832e0e7