Windows 10: Duplicate USB to desktop folder?

Discus and support Duplicate USB to desktop folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a folder that contains an exact duplicate of my USB that updates its contents every time files are changed/updated/added within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BMcG_, Apr 4, 2020.

1. BMcG_ Win User

Duplicate USB to desktop folder?

I'm trying to create a folder that contains an exact duplicate of my USB that updates its contents every time files are changed/updated/added within the USB. This is basically just a backup of my USB that stays on my laptop.

At the moment I just have a shortcut to my USB in File Explorer, but obviously, when I eject the USB, I can't access any files from it.

I don't want to have to be copying and replacing the files in a folder, from the USB, every time I make a change in the USB.

Is there a way I can automatically have the USB files copy and replace files in a folder, say, every time before I eject it, or before shutdown/sleep or very time a change is made to files within the USB?

I'm running Windows 10

Thanks for your help.

:)

BMcG_, Apr 4, 2020

2. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Apr 4, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

StarTech Announces USB Drive Duplicator

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a new USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15), a portable solution for simultaneously copying one USB flash drive to up to five USB flash drives at speeds of up to 1.5GB per minute or securely erasing up to six flash drives. The duplicator is the most compact of its kind on the market, ideal for users who need a portable way to distribute data from a single flash drive onto many, or completely remove content from multiple flash drives simultaneously.

"StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator can boost productivity and save time for IT and Marketing professionals who need to constantly generate multiple software and marketing collateral distributions while they're away from the office" said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "Compared to traditional CDs or DVDs, USB flash drives provide a more cost-effective and convenient way to distribute files and information. The USB Flash Drive Duplicator can drastically reduce the time needed to create multiple copies, which is extremely useful for many industries, including IT professionals who need to deploy operating system files or software, or make quick data backups, or for marketing professionals who distribute content using flash drives."

Duplicate USB to desktop folder? 25a_thm.jpg

Duplicate USB to desktop folder? 25b_thm.jpg

Duplicate USB to desktop folder? 25c_thm.jpg

Features of the USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (USBDUP15), include:
    • Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 Flash Drives
    • 1:5 standalone duplication with 2 duplication modes
    • Erase up to 6 USB flash drives with single-pass and multi-pass overwriting/DoD erasing
    • High-speed duplication at 1.5GB per minute
    • TAA compliant
    • Built-in LCD display
    • Check drive capacity, quality and speed with intuitive task management
    • Supports Asynchronous, Synchronous copy modes, for quick batch swapping with 64 MB of internal memory
    MSRP for StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15) is £580.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The drive dock will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate USB to desktop folder? - Similar Threads - Duplicate USB desktop

2. Desktop folder duplicate into download folder causing storage doubled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folder duplicate into download folder causing storage doubled: Hi,I find there is desktop folder in the download folder and it cause my storage doubled as if i copied the whole folder into the download file. I cant delete the desktop folder in the download folder because i found that it linked with my desktop. If i delete the file in the...
  3. Desktop folder duplicate into download folder causing storage doubled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder duplicate into download folder causing storage doubled: Hi,I find there is desktop folder in the download folder and it cause my storage doubled as if i copied the whole folder into the download file. I cant delete the desktop folder in the download folder because i found that it linked with my desktop. If i delete the file in the...
  4. Desktop folder duplicate into download folder causing storage doubled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  6. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  7. Duplicate user folder on desktop

Duplicate user folder on desktop: I recently reinstalled windows 10 21H1 because I had some system file corruption. After I was sure everything was ok I removed Windows.old using the remove function in settings/storage/temp files. I noticed that there is a folder on my desktop with my user name. It is the...
  8. issue with deleting duplicate Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Support
    issue with deleting duplicate Desktop folder: Howdy folks! I am new to tenforums, having my normal residence at sevenforums. But I'm attempting to help my wife with her fairly new (June) Asus Tuf laptop with Win10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.1256, AMD Ryzen7, 16GB RAM She somehow ended up with 2 Desktop folders...
  9. duplicate desktops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    duplicate desktops: [img] why do i have 2 desktops [img] also i receive this almost all the time when searching 147469
  10. Duplicate folders

Duplicate folders: How do I prevent my folders to duplicate. I have several folders that is duplicated with -DESKTOP at the end of the name and then the original folder is still there, but with no files in it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks Helga...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Pro shows duplicate Usb Drives in File Explorer why?