Windows 10: Duplicate user name in windows login

Discus and support Duplicate user name in windows login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Randy2L, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Randy2L Win User

Duplicate user name in windows login

I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I think it has to do with two user names. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:)

Randy2L, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Ray60 Win User

Duplicate user name at login

Hello,

I've repeated those steps with the same results. It tries to auto login with a duplicate account first but fails with an incorrect password. When I try the first account and enter the same password I set I log in with no problem. The duplicate account disappears when I disable auto log in. The problem seems to be this second account even when I enter my user name and password it's incorrect? How could that be? It's the same name as the first one it's very confusing.

Thank you.

Ray60, Apr 21, 2020
  3. EncinoMan Win User

Hi,

I am having the exact same problems as Ray60. I have tried the netplwiz 'solution' several times but that has not altered a thing.

When Windows first boots it tells me that my password is incorrect. I then select a duplicate account name that is displayed and enter my pin and I am let in. But when I search for a duplicate account within the Control Panel it does not exist. I have the only account and it is, of course, with administrator's access. What gives?

EncinoMan, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Ray60 Win User

Hello,

I wanted to have a auto login but I'm still having the same problem as BobFromBristol even after following your instructions with two duplicate user names. Is there any other solutions?

Thanks!

Ray60, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate user name in windows login - Similar Threads - Duplicate user name

2. Change user folder name by "duplicating" user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user folder name by "duplicating" user: After buying a new laptop, I had to set up Windows 11. Being my first time setting up a Windows 11 device, I wasn't aware of the fact you were forced to initially create a user tied to your Microsoft account. Because of this, the user folder on my computer is named after my...
  3. Change user folder name by "duplicating" user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user folder name by "duplicating" user: After buying a new laptop, I had to set up Windows 11. Being my first time setting up a Windows 11 device, I wasn't aware of the fact you were forced to initially create a user tied to your Microsoft account. Because of this, the user folder on my computer is named after my...
  4. Changing login user name

Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  5. change user/login name?

change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  6. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  7. Windows 10 duplicate User login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  8. "Duplicate" user name

"Duplicate" user name: I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look at the registry, they have identical SID's, except for the rightmost (last) number - MAGS has -500, MAGS.000 has -1000. If...
  9. Duplicate user name at login

Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...