Windows 10: "Duplicate" user name

Discus and support "Duplicate" user name in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10. The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cynth, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Cynth Win User

"Duplicate" user name

I have two user profiles with similar names, one was created when I upgraded from win 7 to Win 10.
    The two user names are MAGS and MAGS.000. If I look at the registry, they have identical SID's, except for the rightmost (last) number - MAGS has -500, MAGS.000 has -1000.
    If I use Netplwiz it shows that I am logged on as MAGS, but if I run a CMD prompt it always opens in the C:\user\MAGS.000\ directory.
    Its not a big issue - everything works fine, but I'd like to understand how this all works and whether I should/could take any action to merge the accounts or remove one.

:)

Cynth, Jun 1, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 1, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Duplicate" user name :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Duplicate" user name :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Duplicate" user name :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Duplicate" user name :)

musum, Jun 1, 2016
Thema:

"Duplicate" user name

1. "Duplicate" user name - Similar Threads - Duplicate user name

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. Change user folder name by "duplicating" user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user folder name by "duplicating" user: After buying a new laptop, I had to set up Windows 11. Being my first time setting up a Windows 11 device, I wasn't aware of the fact you were forced to initially create a user tied to your Microsoft account. Because of this, the user folder on my computer is named after my...
  5. Change user folder name by "duplicating" user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user folder name by "duplicating" user: After buying a new laptop, I had to set up Windows 11. Being my first time setting up a Windows 11 device, I wasn't aware of the fact you were forced to initially create a user tied to your Microsoft account. Because of this, the user folder on my computer is named after my...
  6. Duplicate folder names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folder names: I have a Windows 10 partition that contains several folders. Two of the other folders have the exact same name. How is that even possible? I did a chkdsk and it finds no errors. The partition also contains a found.000 folder that contains what may be parts of one of the...
  7. Duplicate user name in windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate user name in windows login: I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I...
  8. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  9. Duplicating 'Name group'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicating 'Name group': Hello, In Windows 10, when I click on the window logo (bottom left of the screen), there are a bunch of icons on the right side. They are divided in 4 categories (create, play, explore and name group). How could I duplicate or triplicate the <name group category? Thank you...
  10. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...