Windows 10: Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

Discus and support Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brian J.Weber, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending characters to the name. Some of the repeated issues are:-Some have DNS authentication issues-Some freeze unexpectedly; with varied times to freeze; all same error “windows service manager”-Some never load the AD profile, but will load the local without creating the duplicate user profiles. -Application failures mostly wit

:)

Brian J.Weber, Sep 29, 2022

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

Hello Jacques, i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

It's not possible to convert an AD profile to a local profile.

But, it's possible to copy all information from one profile to an other

You may follow these steps to do this:

- Create a new local user

- Reboot computer

- Login as a local admin (not with the new user !)

- Right-click "My Computer", choose Properties

- Advanced User Settings, User Profiles Settings, click "Settings"

- Highlight the previous user, click "Copy To"

- In the "Copy To" dialog box, browse to the profile of the new user and click ok on the "Browse" dialog box.

- In the "Copy To" dialog box, Permitted to use section, click "Change" and add the local user and click "OK".

- Then Click "OK" in the "Copy To" dialog box and "OK" all the way out.

- Reboot and log in with the new user

- Ensure all your datas are available

- Finally, you may disconnect the computer from the domain

Jimmy_Timon, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

1. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users - Similar Threads - Duplicate User Profiles

2. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  3. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  4. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  5. Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory

Can not reset User's Password and Cannot create user in Active directory: HelloWe have 3 Domain Controllers. DC1 Central DC , DC2 ADC , DC3 ADCFSMO roles are shown belowSchema master -DC1 Domain naming master -DC1PDC -DC3 RID pool manager -DC3Infrastructure master -DC2We can password reset and also can create new user in AD DC2. DC2 server is...
  6. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  7. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  8. Duplicate profile to new user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate profile to new user: So I was given a computer to work on that the user has forgotten the pin and has no way of resetting it. After getting access to the Administrator I figured I would just create a new user, copy the profile over and just make it a local account. Copy profile is greyed out and...
  9. Convert Active Directory user to a local user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Active Directory user to a local user: I would like to know if it possible to convert a user from an AD to a local account on the same computer and if so how does one go about doing it? Thanks in advance....
  10. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8