Windows 10: Duplicate User

Discus and support Duplicate User in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GobbLer1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. GobbLer1 Win User

Duplicate User

Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c"

After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result.

When I look under the file manager I see my profile with 3 additional temp profiles. I've tried editing the registry by deleting the duplicate without the .bak extension but then when I restart I'm back to square one.

Thanks

:)

GobbLer1, Jan 4, 2019

2. Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for providing the screenshot.

It looks like the in build administrator is active on the computer

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the Start button and choose to open a command prompt that way.
    • Type the following command:
    • Net user administrator /active:no
    • Access netplwiz and check if the issue persists.
    Please let us know the results. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the account.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

• If prompted by UAC, click on
      Yes.

• Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.

• Click on a user you want to delete, and click on
      Remove.

• Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Duplicate User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Duplicate User

1. Duplicate User - Similar Threads - Duplicate User

2. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.: Hi,I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, but here goes. I was doing some routine maintenance on my wife's computer and noticed that her desktop has a folder labeled with her name and is a duplicate of the folder found in This PC > Windows 10 C: > Users.I don't know how...
  3. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.: Hi,I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, but here goes. I was doing some routine maintenance on my wife's computer and noticed that her desktop has a folder labeled with her name and is a duplicate of the folder found in This PC > Windows 10 C: > Users.I don't know how...
  4. How Can I Get Rid of a Duplicate User Profile Fonder? Very Strange.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I remove a duplicate user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a duplicate user file: I reinstalled windows 11, from the download ISO, earlier this week. I have now noticed that there are two user files, duplicates, and two windows folders. How do I remove one of each of these?They do not show as separate users in settings....
  6. How do I remove a duplicate user file

How do I remove a duplicate user file: I reinstalled windows 11, from the download ISO, earlier this week. I have now noticed that there are two user files, duplicates, and two windows folders. How do I remove one of each of these?They do not show as separate users in settings....
  7. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  8. DUPLICATE USER

DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  9. How do I delete duplicate files? I'm afraid that if I delete from one User name they will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete duplicate files? I'm afraid that if I delete from one User name they will...: I have stuff under two different user names. Valued Customer was set up when I had a different computer combined with this one when I bought it. Now when I search for something, It won't find it unless I am using the correct user name. I also have duplicate files that I would...
  10. How do I delete duplicate files? I'm afraid that if I delete from one User name they will...

How do I delete duplicate files? I'm afraid that if I delete from one User name they will...: I have stuff under two different user names. Valued Customer was set up when I had a different computer combined with this one when I bought it. Now when I search for something, It won't find it unless I am using the correct user name. I also have duplicate files that I would...