Windows 10: Duplicate users. Cannot remove

Discus and support Duplicate users. Cannot remove in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I seem to have two accounts set up and can only access one, and cannot remove the other even though both are administrators. I've tried running... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CallumWombell, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Duplicate users. Cannot remove

I seem to have two accounts set up and can only access one, and cannot remove the other even though both are administrators.

I've tried running "netplwiz" to remove the user.

I've tried unchecking the "require sign-in" box.

When i first had my PC, i disabled auto sign-in, and when i tried to do it again after a recent upgrade, which Windows was reloaded i can't seem to turn it off. Now i have two accounts. Both say my name, but one says "Admin" when i click on it, and do not know the password. The other is mine, and i use a PIN to log in which i don't want to do, i want it to just go straight to the desktop

I can only see my account in the Accounts>users section, and no way to remove the other, or disable sign-in.

I'm worried that i may have to reinstall Windows yet again, unless anyone knows what to do.

Thanks

:)

CallumWombell, Feb 22, 2020

2. Duplicate User Account

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to follow the steps to delete the account.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and click on Ok.

• If prompted by UAC, click on
      Yes.

• Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box.

• Click on a user you want to delete, and click on
      Remove.

• Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    Please let us know to in future if you need further help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Duplicate users. Cannot remove 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Duplicate users. Cannot remove

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate users. Cannot remove

1. Duplicate users. Cannot remove - Similar Threads - Duplicate users Cannot

2. How do I remove a duplicate user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a duplicate user file: I reinstalled windows 11, from the download ISO, earlier this week. I have now noticed that there are two user files, duplicates, and two windows folders. How do I remove one of each of these?They do not show as separate users in settings....
  3. How do I remove a duplicate user file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a duplicate user file: I reinstalled windows 11, from the download ISO, earlier this week. I have now noticed that there are two user files, duplicates, and two windows folders. How do I remove one of each of these?They do not show as separate users in settings....
  4. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  5. DUPLICATE USER

DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  6. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  7. Duplicated user folders

Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  8. duplicate a user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    duplicate a user account?: is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions and etc. making this anew would just take so much time i want this for testing purposes and backup thanks a lot...
  9. Duplicate user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate user accounts: I accidently created a duplicate user for myself on my HP laptop. Can I move files or consolidate the info into my main user name? I don't want files in two places....
  10. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....