Windows 10: Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

Discus and support Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me... I've been trying to remove the password login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PutPineappleOnPizza, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

I know there have been threads for this already but none of the methods of fixing work for me...

I've been trying to remove the password login requirement from my computer for wake up on lan functionality for in-home streaming and such without having to go around from room to room just to type in a password.

I only have one user on Netplwiz.exe shown and tried changing the full name to the user name and the other way around (it kinda reset now) and when i turned off the password requirement there it shows me two users on startup with the same name, no matter to what i change the name, one user is my real one, the second one has no image and i can't log into that one, yet the system prioritizes that one on startup and tells me that the pin/password is wrong.

I also turned off the password requirement upon logging in after a full shutdown and such so in both, my system settings and on Netplwiz.exe i have the password requirement set to off. I also tried to remove my pin in the settings (and i never had a finger print option enabled) and all it did was change it to my email password instead of the pin, still had to login.

So i'm kinda lost and i wonder if this might be some regestry issue, no idea :/ It's getting ridiculous at this point.

I have no idea if this has to do with me owning two computers, i think they share one microsoft account but they also do share the same login pins and such.

I'd appreciate any help!

submitted by /u/PutPineappleOnPizza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PutPineappleOnPizza, Dec 29, 2020
  2. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Dec 29, 2020
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

login issue

Hi CristinaAR-

Thank you for your kind reply and i do apologize it didn't work.

How about try to remove it on User Account Control.

Method 1: Turn off Auto setup after update

Step 1: Open Settings app and go to Accounts > Sign-in options.

Step 2: In the right-side pane, scroll down to the Privacy section. Under the “Privacy” section, turn off the option that says “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart”.

Step 3: Restart Windows 10 and now the duplicate user name should disappear from the login screen and only leave one. If the issue still persists, move on to the second method.

Method 2: Remove the duplicate user account

Step 1: Type netplwiz in the Start menu search box, and press Enter key.

Step 2: After the User Accounts panel opens, if you see two same user names in the list, remove one of them. Just select one of them and click on Remove.

Step 3: Restart Windows 10 and see if the issue is solved. If the issue still persists, move on to the third method.

Method 3: Disable automatic login

Another most likely reason why Windows 10 shows duplicate user names on the login screen is that you have enabled auto-login and afterward you changed your password.

Step 1: Open the Run dialog using Win + R keys, then type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the User Accounts panel opens, check “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” and click on Apply followed by OK.

Step 3: Restart Windows 10 and now the issue should be solved.

Step 4: Uncheck “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer” to enable the auto-login again if you really need it. When the prompt appears, confirm your user name and type your correct password.

Hope this will work this time and have a blessed day!

Thanks.

Kevin B.

Independent advisor

Kevin Bartolo., Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements

1. Duplicate users issue on the login screen when trying to remove password login requirements - Similar Threads - Duplicate users issue

2. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  3. Remove Login Screen and Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Login Screen and Password: Hi,Nobody uses my system other than me so I just want my system to load up onto the desktop.I'm using Windows 11 I've only had it for a few days and for some reason I seem to have 2 accounts on the log-in screen on bottom left.The default one always says we couldn't find an...
  4. remove duplicate login and administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove duplicate login and administrator: I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.I keep...
  5. remove duplicate login and administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    remove duplicate login and administrator: I actually have 2 questions. I don't and probably have never asked a question in the "community" so please excuse me if I don't know the etiquette here....I've been trying off and on for years to remove not only the login feature however the duplicate login feature.I keep...
  6. remove duplicate login and administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. remove user account in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  8. Duplicate users at login, no way to get in, image restore was required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate users at login, no way to get in, image restore was required: The other day I was facing problems to login. First: UserID and password were disabled (netplwiz).For one reason or the other, I really don't know anymore, at boot, I got this screen with two users. I am aware of it: it sounds quite familiar to many of us. I could not get in....
  9. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...
  10. Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate users on login screen that shouldnt be there: this is where my issue arises when i try to auto login it comes up invalid pass/user. all of a sudden a new user has appeared [img] manage accounts shows only 1 user netplwiz shows only 1 user Attachment 41142 all default accounts are disabled [img] Where has...