Windows 10: Duplicate users when logging in windows 10

Discus and support Duplicate users when logging in windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After latest windows 10 update there appears to be duplicate users when im booting up my PC. I can not find that account anywhere so I can remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RainoK., Jun 13, 2020.

1. RainoK. Win User

Duplicate users when logging in windows 10

After latest windows 10 update there appears to be duplicate users when im booting up my PC.

I can not find that account anywhere so I can remove it. I would like to auto-login to my main account without password every time i boot up my PC

Duplicate users when logging in windows 10 [​IMG]

Duplicate users when logging in windows 10 3b2e46f8-ef2b-4742-84b4-8d47b83dd0ea?upload=true.png

Duplicate users when logging in windows 10 ca3ca6f0-ce8a-4fed-8814-7ad2e3767679?upload=true.png

:)

RainoK., Jun 13, 2020

2. Duplicate user accounts created on log-in screen in Windows 10

Hi Suprith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the your concern about duplicate account created on sign-in screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to log-in through all the user accounts on sign-in screen?

Try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

• Login with Microsoft administrator account.
    • Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on User accounts, click on
      Manager another account
    • The window with all the user accounts will pop-up.
    • Select the user account you want to delete, click on
      Delete the account.
    • If User Account Control pops-up, enter your administrator account's password and click
      Ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Ray60 Win User

Duplicate user name at login

Hello,

I've repeated those steps with the same results. It tries to auto login with a duplicate account first but fails with an incorrect password. When I try the first account and enter the same password I set I log in with no problem. The duplicate account disappears when I disable auto log in. The problem seems to be this second account even when I enter my user name and password it's incorrect? How could that be? It's the same name as the first one it's very confusing.

Thank you.

Ray60, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Duplicate users when logging in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Duplicate users logging

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. duplicate a user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    duplicate a user account?: is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions and etc. making this anew would just take so much time i want this for testing purposes and backup thanks a lot...
  5. Windows 10 duplicate User login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  6. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  7. Windows 10 Weird user when first logging in!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Weird user when first logging in!: Hello, I'm facing this weird problem that I searched EVERYWHERE for a solution for but I couldn't find any and it's annoying me. it happens ONLY when you first boot the computer and when the users pop up in the login screen I only have 2 users on my computer. when the...
  8. Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10: Would this work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-copyprofile Edit - actually reading again it seems very complicated either way!... 147361
  9. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  10. Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page: There is already an article with this subject but it says updated 18 July 2018 but all the articles are dated 2015. My question therefore is - is there any later information as all the suggestions I've read don't work....