Windows 10: Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

Discus and support Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M22_Tanker, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?

:)

M22_Tanker, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Aug 4, 2018
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

1. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files - Similar Threads - Duplicate Defender exe

2. windows defender exe missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  3. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  4. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  6. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  7. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Defender doesn't like my .exe files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender doesn't like my .exe files: I developed .exe files for use by friends using Microsoft Visual Basic 6 circa 2006 and uploaded them to my website in a zip file created by PeaZip. When the file are downloaded, they are indicated as possibly dangerous by Windows Defender. How does one make the files...
  9. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  10. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478