Windows 10: Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

Discus and support Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M22_Tanker, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

In File Explorer, I navigated to MSASCui.exe (the executable for the Windows Defender user interface). After doing a search, I found FOUR MSASCui.exe files. How can this happen? Should I just ignore that there are four files?

:)

M22_Tanker, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Aug 4, 2018
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files

1. Duplicate Windows Defender .exe Files - Similar Threads - Duplicate Defender exe

2. Exe Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe Files.: When a pop up window appear in a software, is this pop up window the part of same .exe file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-files/5b9073ae-4861-444d-a23c-99b9dedb1356
  3. .EXE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .EXE files: I was just wondering if anyone could help or explain to me what exactly this is and what it's used for BridgeCummunication.exe. I noticed it running in my task manager under services and was running as a application. Thankful for any help provided....
  4. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  5. .exe Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe Files: I can't seem to find where my .exe files are and when i went online to find them they were listed in tools but i don't have a tools access seemingly trying to figure it out for a game i play...
  6. exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exe file: exe file is not working on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-file/7e708774-b56c-4846-8036-2e683879ecd7
  7. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  8. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...
  9. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  10. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903