Windows 10: duplicated btinternet account

Discus and support duplicated btinternet account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have somehow ended up with a duplicate email account btinternet2, but I was told if I got rid of this account i would also lose the btinternet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spudVal, Feb 17, 2020.

1. spudVal Win User

duplicated btinternet account

I have somehow ended up with a duplicate email account btinternet2, but I was told if I got rid of this account i would also lose the btinternet original account, is this correct?

:)

spudVal, Feb 17, 2020

2. unable to fix btinternet email account

unable to fix btinternet email account

adriannunns, Feb 17, 2020
  3. my btinternet email account isn't working on my new windows lumia 820

Hi SarahNesbitt,

I would try going into Settings => email+accounts, tap on your BTInternet account, and insure these settings are correct for it:

• Incoming email server: mail.btinternet.com
    • Outgoing email server: mail.btinternet.com

That's pretty much all I could find online. If that does not work, then you'll need to check with BTInternet support to insure all the other settings are correct.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. duplicated btinternet account - Similar Threads - duplicated btinternet account

2. Duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate accounts: Recently had to reinstall Windows due to hard drive failure. Now when booting up I see 2 accounts on the lower left screen. Same name, same password. I can choose either account with no differences in programs or functions. I'd like to eliminate one account & be able to...
  3. Duplicate Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Accounts: Hi,I have duplicate Microsoft account one which I created with my cell number when I signed into Windows on a new computer I got this week and another previous account I had associated with my email. Can I merge the accounts?...
  4. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  5. duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate accounts: [ATTACH]why do i have multiple infos in my pc and theyre all duplicates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-accounts/0b9c3b33-1bcc-46d6-a8b2-ecd7870c439e
  6. Btinternet email account not receiving TenForum emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Btinternet email account not receiving TenForum emails: I've noticed that my Btinternet email account is no longer receiving TenForum emails/notifications Not certain when it started Any ideas? 167885
  7. duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate accounts: Microsoft created a requirement that I log in with a password with windows 10 which I did not want. I created a password and used the instructions to tell it to never ask for a password, but it constantly ask for one, both on start up and after it puts itself to sleep. This...
  8. btinternet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    btinternet: Cannot add btinternet to outlook mail. Tried every combination including mail.yahoo etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/btinternet/4062f6db-e867-4a4b-8dc7-a63103bb7dc9
  9. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...
  10. Duplicate Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duplicate Accounts: I have two Microsoft accounts. They have different names. One has an old e-mail address. It was the first account set up, but it needs to be the one that is deleted. It is always the one that comes up for anything I do with Microsoft accounts. I cannot remember the...