Windows 10: Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.

Discus and support Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found a few instances where others have had a similar experience in having files duplicate themselves, including the Desktop. However, I am still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Smokey Vanish, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.

I found a few instances where others have had a similar experience in having files duplicate themselves, including the Desktop. However, I am still seeking a solution to correct/merge the multiple Desktop file paths running amuck in my system.I downloaded a .zip of developers tools that became corrupted after I interrupted the transfer download between the web to my cloud. When I opened the corrupted .zip, it duplicated much of my file system in File Explorer - including several Desktop copies. Most of the copied files and applications showed themselves as shortcuts. Each Desktop copy behaved

:)

Smokey Vanish, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Jun 9, 2023
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Finding duplicate files

For images, I love DupDetector
    https://www.keronsoft.com/dupdetector.html

It's cool and special because it matches images and photos by content (like Google can search for similar images) and not filename or date. You can even adjust the sensitivity. It'll find identical images across different file formats as well as different resolutions/sizes. So you can weed out low resolution duplicates of higher res images or simply actually the same duplicate images.

RejZoR, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.

Finding duplicate files

Yeah that was the first thing I ruled out it doesn't happen any longer but at the time it was only from my tablet for the life of me I can't figure it out. I don't know if it was the camera duplicating it or dropbox duplicating it

jboydgolfer, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.

1. Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima. - Similar Threads - Duplicated Desktop Multiple

2. Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicated Desktop w/ Multiple Filepaths Causing Files to Duplicate-Dellima.: I found a few instances where others have had a similar experience in having files duplicate themselves, including the Desktop. However, I am still seeking a solution to correct/merge the multiple Desktop file paths running amuck in my system.I downloaded a .zip of developers...
  3. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  4. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicates found in Duplicate Files: I’m in the process of cleaning up my pictures. I scanned a folder of photos with Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro and found I had no duplicates. However, when I scanned that same folder with Duplicate Files through Windows 10 the program told me I had duplicates of many les. I’m...
  5. Duplicates found in Duplicate Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  7. multiple duplicates of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple duplicates of pictures: how to delete multiple duplicates of pictures in multiple folders fast and easily https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-duplicates-of-pictures/e372eafd-75fe-46ab-b798-c908284d04fd
  8. Multiple Monitors Duplicate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitors Duplicate: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.844 On Dell Laptop with Dell Docking Station. Two Monitors using HDMI input, one from laptop and 2nd one from Docking Station. When I select DUPLICATE on 2 and 3 it only Duplicates on 2 and on 3 it Extends. [img] 175399
  9. duplicate desktops

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    duplicate desktops: [img] why do i have 2 desktops [img] also i receive this almost all the time when searching 147469
  10. multiple duplicate files listed on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple duplicate files listed on computer: how do I just have my one set of files on my computer. When I go to save as, my file explorer shows 3 different places my file should save to i.e., PC, One Drive, then my file in under my name. I am always losing my last updated file. How can I have just one listing on...