Windows 10: Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

Discus and support Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Happened when shuffling my Videos folder about from one location to a temp location then back again. Cosmetic, really - but annoying. One shows as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeremyP99, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JeremyP99 Win User

Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

Happened when shuffling my Videos folder about from one location to a temp location then back again. Cosmetic, really - but annoying. One shows as Videos, the other as is location, F:/; only the first appears in the right column display. See below

Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc [​IMG]

:)

JeremyP99, Jul 16, 2019

2. Duplicate Folders in “This PC” but no names

I have problems with your steps:

step 1: I didn't have a joint homegroup folders.

step 2: pasting shell:UsersFilesFolder gives me an error, it says it can't find it and I should check the spelling.

step 3: which one is the personal folder in this situation.

to answer your questions:

1. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

I assume the problem started when I did a PC cleanup with "360 security" software.

2. Are there any documents under the duplicated folders or GUID folders?

the one I should in the pictures doesn't have anything in it, not even properties. Other than the registry address that is shown in the address bar.

It seems that windows recovered from the situation by making a duplicate folder and putting everything in there but didn't know what to do with the original damaged folder "the one in the picture" so it just left it there. but that's my assumption.

MohammedAl-Safwan, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

1. Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc - Similar Threads - Duplicated folder LEFT

2. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  3. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  4. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Folders in This PC Windows 10

Duplicate Folders in This PC Windows 10: I started to notice that there is duplicate folders on the 'This PC' file. The properties of those duplicate folders shown nothing and nothing happen when I double click on them. Not sure exactly when did this happen. Ran sfc/scannow and no integrity violation was discovered....
  6. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  7. Left column in the explorer is hidden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left column in the explorer is hidden: Hello fellow Redditors! As the title says, the left column is hidden, but only when I open it via another program like photoshop. Here's how it looks I had a program installed, which changes the Windows theme, I uninstalled it, but nothing changed. Edit: This hasn't been...
  8. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  9. Several Reset/Recovery left duplicates in Registry and Windows folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Several Reset/Recovery left duplicates in Registry and Windows folder: Alright, so this problem has been baffling me for over a week and tends to only get worse every time I do any sort of reset, download from iso/usb, or recovery. The problem is that there are false duplicates of windows bull spit, specifically in Windows folders; WinSxS,...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....