Windows 10: Duplicated OneDrive Icon

Discus and support Duplicated OneDrive Icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a problem similar to one that I have seen posted before, but the answer did not resolve my issue... Basically the C: Drive of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pyrapon, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Pyrapon Win User

Duplicated OneDrive Icon

Hi there, I have a problem similar to one that I have seen posted before, but the answer did not resolve my issue...

Basically the C: Drive of my computer was not big enough to work from my OneDrive folder without having to frequently free up space and redownload files. So, I unlinked my OneDrive account and then set it up to go to my 4TB D: Drive. It started updating files and things seemed to be going well enough, but then I came back to my computer the next day to sit down and work and saw a OneDrive notification saying that it had encountered a problem and that OneDrive could no longer sync, and it looked as though it was trying to sync both the old OneDrive location as well as the new one. I got online and tried to find a way to remove the intitial OneDrive folder and found my way to this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...y/1d447bd8-950c-44ee-8a15-cc1a7be6a3d8?auth=1

So, I followed the instructions in the link above and found that there was only one OneDrive folder in the regEdit utility under the location specified. Which doesn't help me to remove the previous OneDrive folder. The whole point was to not have to continually hassle with constantly freeing up space, but unfortunately, with OneDrive not able to sync at all, I'm afraid I've only made my situation worse.

Is there any chance that someone might be able to help me out with a solution?

:)

Pyrapon, Feb 20, 2020

2. Duplicated Onedrive icon in explorer

According to Microsoft Forum Moderator Ruizell Rey:

Steven M. Vascellaro, Feb 20, 2020
  3. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Duplicated OneDrive Icon

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Duplicated OneDrive Icon ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Duplicated OneDrive Icon

1. Duplicated OneDrive Icon - Similar Threads - Duplicated OneDrive Icon

2. duplicate icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate icons on desktop: hii I got duplicate icons on desktop error.unfortunately i deleted desktop folder.i read registry changing and tried,but it showing error to change user shell folder.please suggest some solution to it...
  3. OneDrive Duplication of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Duplication of files: Hi, Im'using Onedrive for years without mistake before. Since some days, I encounter a big problem with OneDrive. I manage a lot of pictures using the keywords. Since few days, each files with modified keyword are duplicated into the Onedrive folder into my computer. If...
  4. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  5. duplicate taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    duplicate taskbar icon: Within the last couple of days I noticed that I now have two icon pinned to the taskbar for my Radeon Settings...and no apparent way to delete (or even hide) the extra. Anyone else seen this and / or know a way to get rid of the extra one? 144925
  6. Duplicate OneDrive accounts

Duplicate OneDrive accounts: I have a personal account and business account tied to the same email. I would like to delete the personal account as I do not use it and it causes problems signing in to the work account. How do I delete the personal account?...
  7. Duplicate photos in OneDrive

Duplicate photos in OneDrive: I have numerous photo Copies in OneDrive photos. I located these by searching for "Copy" and they are located. If I highlight and press Delete, they do not delete. Neither do they delete if I right click them and delete. How do I get rid of these duplicates and why do I...
  8. Duplicate Photos in OneDrive

Duplicate Photos in OneDrive: Is there a recommended method (or app) to remove duplicate photos from OneDrive pictures? I seem to be accumulating many. Also . . . any precautions or concerns?...
  9. Onedrive duplicate files

Onedrive duplicate files: Hello: Why do one drive duplicate or triple files. And my storage always full. Is their a setting to stop one drive from duplicating files.? Patricia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-duplicate-files/d970026d-2ba2-4fc2-a2d0-bbcb753add7b"
  10. Duplicate Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Icon in Taskbar: Hi, One of my pinned items on the taskbar (MusicBee) refuses to act properly. It always shows two instances of the icon when the program is open. I tried unpinning the items, opening the program from it's folder and then right-click > Pin to taskbar but that creates a...