Windows 10: Duplicated Printers Missing

Discus and support Duplicated Printers Missing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi - Some time back I set up duplicate entries for some of my printers so I could have one for single-sided color printing and one for double-sided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bluewombat59, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Duplicated Printers Missing

Hi -

Some time back I set up duplicate entries for some of my printers so I could have one for single-sided color printing and one for double-sided black and white. Recently, those have gone away, and when I try to add them through the process I've used before (manually install using first instance's port) I still only show one printer, but under "manage printer" I have a dropdown showing the two instances under one printer - not helpful at all for quickly picking printers when printing! Has this changed in Win10 with a recent update? Is there a work around? I'm on Win10 enterprise, 1803, build 17134.1099.

submitted by /u/Bluewombat59
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bluewombat59, Nov 12, 2019
  2. Plankton Win User

Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

Can you post a screen shot of listed printers?

Plankton, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

@Nisko,

Are you looking in this place or not?

Duplicated Printers Missing [​IMG]

titetanium, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Duplicated Printers Missing

automatically adds duplicate printer copy

Hello,

I have encountered an issue on Windows 10.

I have an older printer which works fine on initial setup. Prints and is set to default Duplicated Printers Missing :D

• MY_BEST_Printer

The issue comes in when I unplug the USB cable and after some time plug, it back in it adds a new duplicate copy of the same printer.

• MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)

This new duplicated printer is not set to default, so obviously, it does not send print file to the same queue pool and it does not get printed.

And if I keep plugging and unplugging it keeps adding new duplicates.

• MY_BEST_Printer Default
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 2)

Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from adding the same printer as a duplicate if it sees that it is the same printer?

Mantas Zinkevicius, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Duplicated Printers Missing

1. Duplicated Printers Missing - Similar Threads - Duplicated Printers Missing

2. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  3. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  4. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate OneNote Printers

Duplicate OneNote Printers: Every time a new User signs in on a device, we end up with a duplicate OneNote printer. In some offices where people are often hot swapping seats they have 20+ OneNote printers. This happens on every computer. How can we prevent this from happening? I have searched all over...
  6. Duplicated printers

Duplicated printers: Hello, we have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with print server. We have 12 printers. Workstations have installed Windows 10 Pro. Each user have install some printers using GPO. Everything was OK last three years. we have this problem last month...users see every printers...
  7. Printer Duplicated

Printer Duplicated: I'm running Windows 10 Home 20H2, (but also before that update) on my new HP laptop and in the process of installing my Hp LaserJet P1606dn, my system recorded two copies of it's existence... and neither of them work consistently... It appears as if printmanagement.msc does...
  8. Prevent duplicate printers

Prevent duplicate printers: I'm working on deploying 60 windows 10 laptops with Dyno 450 printers. To make the job easier I want to preload all the software and the printer configuration on one laptop then replicate it all the rest. The problem I'm having is after coping the OS image to the next...
  9. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  10. Printers Misnamed and Duplicated

Printers Misnamed and Duplicated: Brother MFC-7460DN Printer is correctly identified in Windows 10 Build 10240. However, when I upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10, the name of the printer was changed to Brother PC-Fax v.2.2. Waitaminnit! Do what? Who would ever guess that was my MFC-7460DN! I searched...