Windows 10: Duplicated printers

Discus and support Duplicated printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, we have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with print server. We have 12 printers. Workstations have installed Windows 10 Pro. Each user have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kajbl, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Kajbl Win User

Duplicated printers

Hello, we have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with print server. We have 12 printers. Workstations have installed Windows 10 Pro. Each user have install some printers using GPO. Everything was OK last three years.
    we have this problem last month...users see every printers others users in Control panel and printers are duplicated with every login. On some PC we have for example 70 or more printers in control panel.
    When but user open print dialog for example in notepad, he see only correct printers by GPO.

:)

Kajbl, Apr 1, 2021

2. automatically adds duplicate printer copy

Hello,

I have encountered an issue on Windows 10.

I have an older printer which works fine on initial setup. Prints and is set to default Duplicated printers :D

• MY_BEST_Printer

The issue comes in when I unplug the USB cable and after some time plug, it back in it adds a new duplicate copy of the same printer.

• MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)

This new duplicated printer is not set to default, so obviously, it does not send print file to the same queue pool and it does not get printed.

And if I keep plugging and unplugging it keeps adding new duplicates.

• MY_BEST_Printer Default
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 2)

Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from adding the same printer as a duplicate if it sees that it is the same printer?

Mantas Zinkevicius, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Plankton Win User
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

Can you post a screen shot of listed printers?

Plankton, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Duplicated printers

Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

@Nisko,

Are you looking in this place or not?

Duplicated printers [​IMG]

titetanium, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Duplicated printers

1. Duplicated printers - Similar Threads - Duplicated printers

2. Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...: Start Menu -> Control PanelView Devices and Printers or Devices and Printers from Small icons Control panel instead, same areaPrinters & ScannersAdd Device.So the scenario is I have PRINTER A already installed, printing on normal paper. Printer A has several trays and I...
  3. Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Creating a duplicate printer on purpous, and the new printer doesn't show up +...: Start Menu -> Control PanelView Devices and Printers or Devices and Printers from Small icons Control panel instead, same areaPrinters & ScannersAdd Device.So the scenario is I have PRINTER A already installed, printing on normal paper. Printer A has several trays and I...
  4. Duplicate network printers Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate network printers Windows 10 and Windows 11: Hello, we need some advice on creating duplicate printers on windows 10 and windows 11 PCs.We have network Canon printers, PCs with Windows 10 and Windows 11, we manage the printers via the print server Windows Server 2019 and assign them using GPO. For some users, the...
  5. Duplicate network printers Windows 10 and Windows 11

Duplicate network printers Windows 10 and Windows 11: Hello, we need some advice on creating duplicate printers on windows 10 and windows 11 PCs.We have network Canon printers, PCs with Windows 10 and Windows 11, we manage the printers via the print server Windows Server 2019 and assign them using GPO. For some users, the...
  6. Duplicate network printers Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers: I have many duplicate entries showing in Devices and PrintersThese are predominantly LED TVs i continually dlete these though the keep coming back, I now have 100s of the same device, only one of which is not greyed out.it would not be so bad if they did not have to be...
  8. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers: I have many duplicate entries showing in Devices and PrintersThese are predominantly LED TVs i continually dlete these though the keep coming back, I now have 100s of the same device, only one of which is not greyed out.it would not be so bad if they did not have to be...
  9. 100s of Duplicates in Devices and Printers

10. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...