Windows 10: Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive...

Discus and support Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive since upgrading to Win 10 . How cab be this solved as Im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AliFahed, Jun 14, 2020.

1. AliFahed Win User

Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive...

Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive since upgrading to Win 10 . How cab be this solved as Im running out of space every week for almost 2 years.

:)

AliFahed, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Eric-Kell Win User
    Duplicate User folder.

I moved my default Pictures, Documents, Music folders to a new Data partition (D).

My Users/myName folder remained on the C partition.

Everything was fine for 2 years.

For some reason this myName folder is now duplicated on the D partition (D\myName)

I have now a default documents folder in

• D\Documents
    • D\myName\Documents
    • Onedrive\Documents
    • C\Users\myName\Documents
    The same with the other system folders.

I can not change the location of the folders in the 2 duplicate user folders.

Rightclicking in properties, there is no location option.

Only the folders in OneDrive and the D partition have this option.

Any ideas?

Eric-Kell, Jun 14, 2020
  4. LemP Win User

Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive...

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

Thema:

1. Duplicated User Folder located in User Documents Folder is doubling the Size of My C Drive... - Similar Threads - Duplicated User Folder

2. Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder: I was having trouble with an app that hardcoded a path to %userprofile%\documents\. Since Windows 11 decided to force my document folder into a OneDrive folder, I manually created the folder myself, then pinned it for quick access:However, when I open explorer to...
  3. Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder: I was having trouble with an app that hardcoded a path to %userprofile%\documents\. Since Windows 11 decided to force my document folder into a OneDrive folder, I manually created the folder myself, then pinned it for quick access:However, when I open explorer to...
  4. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  5. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicated user folders: Hey everyone. Here's my issue: I changed the location of my Documents folder, more specifically the one that shows up in Quick Access, away from OneDrive, but I found that there's a second Documents folder that's still set to the OneDrive folder even tho I deleted it and...
  6. Duplicated user folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. C:\User documents folder annoyance

C:\User documents folder annoyance: Hey, Just got a new PC and did a windows update. The documents folder that was once located at C:\users\XXXX\documents is now C:\users\XXXX\onedrive\documents. is there a way to reset this?...
  8. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  9. Double user folders after moving to location on other drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Double user folders after moving to location on other drive: On my wife's PC with Windows 10 home most of the location of the user folders such as Documents, Downloads, etc. had to be moved to folders on another drive since the SSD C:\ drive filled up too much. I used the option available in Windows by opening the folder properties...
  10. Size of Users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Users folder: Hello! I have just a little query really. I have a 175GB C: Windows drive. At the moment it has 102GB used. However 47.5GB is the C: Windows/Users folder. I have moved all the pictures, videos and music from this folder to their own dedicated drives, but 47.5GB still...