Windows 10: Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!

Discus and support Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hallo Community, I need to find a solution for duplicate folders on an external hard drive that is being used by multiple people. I need to redesign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vonk77, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Vonk77 Win User

Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!

Hallo Community,

I need to find a solution for duplicate folders on an external hard drive that is being used by multiple people. I need to redesign the files & folders structure at my company. One of their requirements is that they don't want duplicate files & folders in their structure. They take up extra space and can be separately modified without the original file being updated. The same files & folders need to be on different locations.

The solution I found to this was to use hard links, but they won't work if you're working with different partitions. Can someone help/advice me to reduce this problem or to get completely rid of it.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Vonk77, Nov 23, 2020

2. onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Nov 23, 2020
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!

Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed!

1. Duplicates in File & Folders structure solution needed! - Similar Threads - Duplicates File Folders

2. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  3. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Folder Structures Duplicated: Something odd occurs once in a while - after a reboot, I think. I will find a document folder with only the Folder structure duplicated. I recently discovered an additional folder named "Documents" my main Doc folder appears correct and it included all of the folders on my...
  4. File Folder Structures Duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  6. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files: hi there, all of you with great knowledge of computer world let me tell you first of all that i am not a very computer savvy person. so plz dont mind if i cant explain it properly or if my question is stupidI want to copy a file and folder structure to another dummy folder...
  7. needs files and folder structured copied but with dummy files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Duplicate File folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate File folders: I have two identical file folders called BAS. Most of my business folders are in the BAS file. One BAS file is found in: This PC > Windows C: > Baile > Documents The other BAS file is found in: This PC Windows C: > Users > Baile > Documents Both reference...
  9. User folders duplicates solution?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User folders duplicates solution?: Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have...
  10. User folders duplicates solution?

in Windows 10 Support
    User folders duplicates solution?: Hello there! Straight to the point: In Win10 I've set the default location for docs, music, videos, and pictures to be on my second drive "D" in the "Change where new content is saved" settings and now I have D:/Niko/(all of the above). But when I go to C:/Users/Niko I have...