Windows 10: Duplicates in Windows 10 Mail/People App When Selecting Recipients.

Discus and support Duplicates in Windows 10 Mail/People App When Selecting Recipients. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I wonder if anyone could help me with this. I've recently switched from using Windows Live Mail, which suddenly and inexplicably, stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Neorich, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Neorich Win User

Duplicates in Windows 10 Mail/People App When Selecting Recipients.

Hi.

I wonder if anyone could help me with this.

I've recently switched from using Windows Live Mail, which suddenly and inexplicably, stopped recognizing my Gmail Account and started using the Windows 10 Mail App/People App and everything looked fine until I started choosing multiple recipients from the People App before sending an email.

What's happening is that when I click on the People App icon to choose recipients, whether, the main recipient, or CC/BCC a list appears on the left hand side of the screen, all fine and dandy,but I notice that some of my contacts appear twice, one below the other, for example:

John Smith (personal)

John Smith

This doesn't happen toall of the contacts, only some.

I've found no way to remove the duplicates, which don't appear when I scroll through the People App itself.

I've tried going into individual contacts and editing them to make sure I don't have accidental duplicate info in the editing area, but to no avail.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they've been able to resolve it?

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks. :O)

:)

Neorich, Jun 4, 2019
  2. david-e Win User

Delete recipient from MAIL app autocomplete list

How do I delete a suggested recipient from the Windows 10 Mail & Calendar app's autocomplete list?

Note that this is NOT a question about Outlook Mail or outlook.com.

david-e, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Duplicates in Windows 10 Mail/People App When Selecting Recipients. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Sarah5782 Win User

Windows 10 Mail People duplicates contacts

The contacts in my Windows 10 Mail People randomly duplicate. I have one contact that is listed four times. Other contacts are strangely listed by their e-mail address. I had the same problem with my Windows Live Mail. That problem was solved when I subscribed
    to the Windows 365 and replaced it with Outlook. The Windows 10 Mail seems very unstable. Is there a way to resolve this permanently? With the Windows Live Mail this random duplication occurred several times. In lieu of a fix, can the People contacts be deleted
    as a whole and reinstalled?

Sarah5782, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Duplicates in Windows 10 Mail/People App When Selecting Recipients. - Similar Threads - Duplicates Mail App

2. Windows 10 Mail and People

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail and People: I have added a new laptop and set up Mail successfully. My emails can be read, sent, or deleted from either computer, or directly from the Xfinity server.However, I am surprised that my People address book is blank. Must I repopulate People by adding each entry manually--or...
  3. Windows 10 Mail app duplicate sent mails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Mail app duplicate sent mails: title submitted by /u/xFinal_boss6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipm85s/windows_10_mail_app_duplicate_sent_mails/
  4. Outlook mail people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook mail people app: I have a Problem with the people app , my contacts are in outlook .com. But are not the same as the people app in windows 10 mail, won't sync ? using mail windows 10 the people app has contacts I did not enter, or reply to and I am not able to delete them ? these strange...
  5. Windows 10 Mail and People

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Mail and People: Is there a way, when an email is addressed, to display only the first name? For reasons I do not understand, for some of my family members this already happens, even though their entries in People display their first and last names....
  6. People app in Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app in Windows 10 Mail: People in Windows 10 Mail accesses my contacts from Gmail. I can edit these People Contacts on my PC successfully, but I can't add new information. For example, a 2nd phone number can't be added to the record. Nor can I add an address if there wasn't one there before. The...
  7. Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App

Issue with Win 10 Mail and People App: Hi all, I have recently switched to Win 10 Mail, once you understand how it works it is not too bad, but it is a steep learning curve if you are used to Windows Live Mail. I had two Microsoft Mail accounts, Live.com and Outlook.com, both with different contact lists. To...
  8. Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 "send to mail recipient" error: I have Windows 10 home on PC and windows 10 pro on laptop for the last couple of months when I left click on "send to mail recipient" an error message says there's no email program associated to perform this.--ONLY on win 10 home, It works fine on pro version. -this is a...
  9. Windows mail App is not working with People App

Windows mail App is not working with People App: I can't get my contacts in 'People' to work with the Mail app in Windows 10. I see the same reply to every person who complains about how hamstrung the Windows 10 mail app is. I followed the instruction and did get my CSV file imported into 'People', and the contacts do...
  10. "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?: Hello all, I remember this being a problem in Windows 8.1 and to my surprise, it's still present in Windows 10. When right-clicking a file (e.g. an image) selecting "Send To" and then choosing "Mail recipient" Windows would say that there isn't an e-mail program associated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 people duplicates