Windows 10: duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account

Discus and support duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email that says my tv licence has been cancelled as i did not pay 12 pounds sterling, UK. when i try to delete it from either my inbox,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by snancyg, Apr 17, 2020.

1. snancyg Win User

duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account

I received an email that says my tv licence has been cancelled as i did not pay 12 pounds sterling, UK. when i try to delete it from either my inbox, sent or trash folders the message returns - getting inundated - as i delete the email keeps coming back - folders full with the same email.

I received an email from the outlook.com Team which says "the daily message limit helps us free the world from spammers--we're sorry that it's getting in your way".

how do I get rid of this problem? thanks

:)

snancyg, Apr 17, 2020

2. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

I'm not sure about Hotmail, I use my Gmail. If for example I install a new email app on my mobile, the app sometimes sets up it's own folders and sometimes they become duplicated in my IMAP account.
    I can go into my Gmail account, then into settings, and untick the folders that I don't want.
    I had two trash folders and had to get rid of one.
    You may have the same sort of thing in Hotmail.
    Here's mine:

duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account [​IMG]

Cornishman, Apr 17, 2020
  3. DMO
    dmo Win User
    Windows Mail - Sent Folder (Hotmail) not showing mail > 30days old

Hi All, I've searched wide and far online for an answer but have had little luck - looking to one of you for some guidance here if possible.

Issue:
    • Sent mail folder in Mail application on Windows 10 doesn't sync more than 30 days of send messages for Hotmail account.
    • Only Hotmail account affected on Mail application; other sub folders sync as far back as possible
    • Gmail account is fine - can see years of sent email

Context:
    • I have 2 accounts added to my Mail client on Windows 10 - 1 hotmail, 1 gmail
    • I have Outlook mail installed on this machine also
    • Windows 10 Pro
    • Dell Precision M3800
    • Upgraded from Windows 7 -> Windows 10

Tried:
    • Removing and readding the hotmail account
    • Tried removing and adding the account as POP3 account as well as the built in Hotmail autosetup link
    • Removed all email accounts and readded them
    • Ensured that the application has permission to access calendar (have seen this online in a few places as a possible problem maker)
    • Checked that I have my sent messages (I can see them in Outlook 2013, but not in Mail -> Sent folder)

All help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

4. Entegy Win User

duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account

linked inbox w hotmail duplicate email

And by linking the inbox, you'll encounter the duplication problem.

What I've done to keep my inboxes "together" is add an underscore at the beginning of the account name in Settings>email + accounts. They now all appear at the top of my app list.

Entegy, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. duplicates of the same email in my inbox, sent and trash folders - hotmail.com account - Similar Threads - duplicates same email

2. different inboxes aliases in same account for email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    different inboxes aliases in same account for email?: hi, i made new e-mail aliases to my microsoft account in an attempt to organize things. i want to have them as separate inboxes in the e-mail app in windows. how do i do that?...
  3. different inboxes aliases in same account for email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    different inboxes aliases in same account for email?: hi, i made new e-mail aliases to my microsoft account in an attempt to organize things. i want to have them as separate inboxes in the e-mail app in windows. how do i do that?...
  4. Duplicate copies of emails in my Inbox

Duplicate copies of emails in my Inbox: I'm using the MAIL app that came with Windows 10. Every time I send an email using this app two copies of it show up in my Inbox. Why is this and how can I eliminate it?...
  5. Duplicate copies of sent email in my inbox

Duplicate copies of sent email in my inbox: Every time I send an email in the Windows 10 Mail app, I get duplicate copies of that email in my In box? Why is this and how can it be rectified?...
  6. Hotmail inbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail inbox: My inbox was emptied this morning bc of some security issue according to Microsoft. I was sent a code to let someone know that I am the owner if the account. I texted the number back but i guess it was times out for some reason. how do i get my emails back?????...
  7. email in my inbox says its sent from my own email adress

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email in my inbox says its sent from my own email adress: hi I keep receiving am email every other day from 'netflix' and 'wellsfargo' saying payment card is currently locked basically the usual scam that we all get this one however is different … the email address it says its from is my own ! I don't understand how there doing...
  8. Hotmail emails being sent are not being received

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hotmail emails being sent are not being received: Emails I am sending are not being received but they are showing as sent in my Sent Folder. This has been happening for the last few weeks. I noticed this only after sending an email with lots of attachments photo's and it was not received. I have now deleted and completely...
  9. sent emails folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sent emails folder: How do I get Windows Mail, not Outlook.com, to send or log my Sent emails. At the moment they are sent but there is no record in either Sent or Sent Itmes folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-emails-folder/d4ab3fa9-df92-4824-818b-efc3aa879da1
  10. Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder

in Browsers and Email
    Duplicate emails in "Sent" folder: Hi, I am using WLM with Win 10. I have since June 20 switched the account over to IMAP in Hotmail. Just recently every time I send an email it shows in the "SENT" folder twice but it is only received once by the recipient? Does anyone know why this is taking place and what...