Windows 10: Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local)

Discus and support Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So my current user account is part of a workspace. The whole system is connected to an organization which i want to disconnect from. As seen here... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jethro, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jethro Win User

Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local)

So my current user account is part of a workspace. The whole system is connected to an organization which i want to disconnect from. As seen here

Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local) [​IMG]
    To do that though it is required to have another local user account (with admin privileges) so that you can sign in to windows after you have disconnected.The thing is I don't want to create a whole new user account. I just want my current user account made local or create a duplicate one and then disconnect the current one from the organization. Any ideas as how I can do that?

:)

Jethro, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 login connected to external account

Hello Greg,

You can transfer your files from a previous user account so long as you're signed in as an administrator. To create a new local user account in Windows 10, you can refer to this

link
    . Sign in to the new local user account as an administrator then navigate to the Users folder. Copy the files from the previous user account to the new one. Do not delete the folder and files from the account they are in until you are
    sure they are duplicated to the new user account folder.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Devlin Sco, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Parental controls migration from windows 8 to 10

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would like to inform you that if you wish to have Parental Control over your child's User Account then you will have to create a Family Account for your child.

You can transfer all the data from the local account in question, onto the new child account. To do so you have to go to c: drive>click on the Users folder, then copy all the data from that folder and copy it into the new
    user account.

Note: Make sure that you have created duplicates of all the files and folders before you delete the local account in question.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local)

1. Duplicating/Copying a user account (from workspace to local) - Similar Threads - Duplicating Copying user

2. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  3. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  4. duplicate a user account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    duplicate a user account?: is there someway to duplicate a user account - all the shortcuts, installed software, group policy settings, firewall settings, hard drive permissions and etc. making this anew would just take so much time i want this for testing purposes and backup thanks a lot...
  5. Account Unknown user account from Local type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown user account from Local type: Hello MS Community! - I'm having some issues regarding users on my PC, the problem basically is that there are 4 " Account Unknown " in my users profile all of them has different sizes, I'm currently only got 1 active account which I'm logged in and use as my main also,...
  6. Duplicate user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate user accounts: I accidently created a duplicate user for myself on my HP laptop. Can I move files or consolidate the info into my main user name? I don't want files in two places....
  7. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  8. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  9. help with local account duplication

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help with local account duplication: hello, i freshly installed windows with the first account named "Admin0" and i would like to make another account called "Admin1" that is 100% identical in all configurations and nitpicks as the first one, so basically a duplicate all i need is that both users (in my case...
  10. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system: So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. workspace one local user account